Tuesday 23 May 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23rd May 2023.

23rd May, 2023.


Right … It’s official payday.

And … ?

A Tuesday.

Which means I’ve got my nephew, Jude*, over, later.


Frankly?

I get the feeling it’s going to be a busy day.

~≈ƒ≈~

Did I mentioned I watched TV, last night … ?

I watched TV, last night.

I’ll have my review of the programme up, later.

But … ?

Here’s the intro about it … 


~≈ƒ≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga†, Mum‡ and Debbi§ putting in their answers: with Olga scoring five out of five, and Mum and Debbi on four.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        23rd May is Constitution Day. Where: Finland, Germany or India?

Q2)        23rd May, 2021, saw the death of author and illustrator, Eric Carle.   He was famous for The Very Hungry what?

Q3)        23rd May is the feast day of Saint William of Perth.   He’s the patron saint of whom: bulldogs, adopted children or kitchen porters?

Q4)        23rd May, 1618, was the date of the Second Defenestration of Prague.   The incident occurred when three men were thrown out of a what?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Henry 8th’s marriage to his first wife was annulled: on 23rd May, 1533.   Who was his first wife: Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn or Jane Seymour?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        22nd May is World Goth Day.   Goths usually in which colour: black, white, or green?
A1)        Black.

Q2)        22nd May is the feast day of Saint Quiteria.   She’s usually prayed to if you want to prevent what: accidents, plagues of locusts or rabies?
A2)        Rabies. You can read more about the condition, here.

Q3)        According to the UN, 22nd May is the International Day for Biological … what?
A3)        Diversity.

Q4)        22nd May, 1176, saw an attempted assassination of Saladin.   By whom: the Templars, the Hashashim or the Knights of the Round Dustbin?
A4)        Hashashim: also known as the Order of Assassins.   (The Hashashim were psychotic killer hippies: who’d viciously kill people … and then say “Groovy!”)

Q5)        Finally … ?   22nd May, 1960, saw an earthquake hit the southern parts of which country: Chile, Brazil or Argentina?
A5)        Chile.
Here’s a thought …
“The man that’s out to do something has to keep in high gear all the time.”
Douglas Fairbanks Sr, May 23, 1883 – December 12, 1939.
And a demonstration …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        That photo sees Jude demonstrating his new line of Ear Pegs.

        It went well enough, Olga.   I’m up four hundred grams: which isn’t much, over all.
        Good luck with the class: saw Hi to Jordi for me, please!   And I hope the back clears up!   (It sounds like someone I know need to put her feet up!)

        Hello, Mum!

§        Oh, you’re not wrong, there, Debbi!   Oh, did I mention I saw The Year of the Sex Olympics, last night?   Debbi, you have got to see this!

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Germany

Q2) Caterpillar

Q3) adopted children

Q4) window (I wouldn't say the incident itself is funny, but reading the details, it all sounds quite funny, they surviving, and the titles and everything...)

Q5) Catherine of Aragon
Thanks, Paul. I think I might need a new mattress, because the pain is worse first thing in the morning, when I get up from bed, so rest is a bit tricky... To be fair, I hadn't taken anything but Paracetamol for it, so I am trying something more now.
And I just read an article that mentioned some people taking Ozempic have found that they don't fancy alcohol, smoking, or drugs either (even nail biting), so they think it might have something to do with addictions as well. Intriguing, as is the title of the programme you watched. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

trev-v said...

I would recheck your scores. 1 other person put in the same answers as your mum.

Freda said...

1 India
2 Caterpillar
3 Adopted Children
4 Hradceny Castle
5 ,Catherine of Aragon

Debbi said...

Well, the title's intriguing. :)

1. Germany
2. Caterpillar
3. adopted children
4. window
5. Catherine of Aragon