Wednesday 6 January 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Phew!

I’ve to admit, I’ve an early start, today. I’ve actually got an interview, in Chelmsford, today, for the local Co-op!

Wish me luck!

And if you can suggest a way to get over the stage fright … ?

At any rate, it’s comforting to know that yesterday’s Teaser saw Simon and Tim battling it out: and both getting 7 out of 7, with the Official First-In-Clap — and big jar of ointment — going to Simon!

Let’s see what they can do with today’s questions.

Here there are, along with the ‘How To’ and License

Q1) 6th January is the Feast of Epiphany: this celebrate’s whose visit to the Infant Jesus?


Q2) 6th January, 1066, saw the crowing of the last Anglo-Saxon King of England.


Q3) 6th January, 1977 saw record company, EMI, fire which band?


Q4) 15 year’s later, 6th January, 1992, saw the US government recommend doctor’s stop using silicone … what?


Q5) 6th January, 1540, saw Henry 8th of England marry his fourth wife: who was she?


Q6) And finally … many member’s of which religious movement celebrate the (ceremonial) birthday of Haile Selassie I.


And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 5th January, 1972, saw President Richard ‘Tricky Dicky’ Nixon order the start of a NASA programme to design what?

A1) A Space shuttle.


Q2) 5th January, 1985, saw the end of Operation Moses, the Israeli operation to rescue Jews from which country?

A2) Ethiopia.


Q3) Today in 1889, saw which Lancastrian Football team become the first winners of the Football League?

A3) Preston North End.


Q4) 5th January, 2001, saw the publication of an NHS report into whose murderous activities?

A4) Dr Harold Shipman.


Q5) 5th January, 1846, saw the US House of Representatives, vote to stop sharing what, with the United Kingdom?

A5) Oregon.


Q6) 5th January, 1981, saw the first appearance of the Yorkshire Ripper, in Court: what was his real name?

A6) Peter Sutcliffe.


Q7) And finally … today is the feast day of Saint Simon Stylites the elder: he was famed for living up a what for 38 years?

A7) A pillar.


Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q1. 3 Wise Men (Magi)
Q2. Harold II (Harold Godwinson)
Q3. Sex Pistols
Q4. Breast Implants
Q5. Anne of Cleves
Q6. Rastafari Movement

Andrea @pinkylips29

*Sex Pistols No Fellings
I've seen you in the mirror
when the story began
And I fell in love with you.
I love your mortal sin
your brains are locked away
but I love your company
I only ever leave you
when you got no money
I got no emotions for anybody else
You better understand
I'm in love with myself, myself
My beautiful self

Simon said...

1. The Three Magi/Kings/Wise Men
2. Harold II Godwinson
3. Sex Pistols
4. Breast Implants
5. Anne of Cleves
6. Rastafarians

Nik Nak said...

Whooah!

It’s Official!

Andrea, you’ve Beaten Simon to the Clap!!

tim said...

q1 3 wise men
q2 harold II
q3 sex pistols
q4 breast implants (or bolt ons)
q5 anne of cleves
q6 rastafarians (or rusty fairys)

Nik Nak said...

Hang on, Tim, Rusty Fairys?

Never get away with that with some of the Brethren!

Although I]ll have to admit I was trying not to roll on the floor, laughing, about that!