Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Cowboys and Aliens: Entertaining Hokum, Take Two


Wowsa … !



Now, I know what Grub’s and Kevin D are going to say.

That I’m WAY too easily impressed.

They’re — possibly — right.


But right at the moment … ?

I’m really not TOO worried.

You see, I’ve just had a quiet night to meself, to catch the Jon Favreau directed, recent DVD release, Cowboys and Aliens, and I’m DECIDEDLY impressed.

»»·««

No, seriously … !

The 2011 Cowboys and Aliens sees Daniel Craig as the initially unnamed Jake Lonergan, waking up in the middle of the Arizona badlands: with no memory of why, and a strange metal band tightly bound to his wrist.

And, not long after seeing off some bandits? Events see Jake arriving at the small town of Absolution: a town dominated by the paid hands of cattleman, Woodrow Dolerhyde — Harrison Ford — and helping to see off kidnappings committed by SOMETHING tht pays a violent visit in the night …

Given this film’s title … ?

I shouldn’t have to tell you exactly WHAT those visitors, are, now, DO I … ?

««·»»

At any rate, I was burbling on about being impressed by Cowboys and Aliens?

Yes, I’m certainly that … !

And while I am thinking it’s complete hokum — actually, make that complete and utter hokum, with possibly a dash or two of total piffle thrown in for good measure — Cowboys and Aliens is also a pretty entertaining piece of movie, at that.

Certainly more entertaining than the LAST film I called hokum … !

Personally … ?

Personally, I’m going to leave you with the trailer …

AND the proverbial stars on the doors.

And what’s more … ?

Thoroughly recommend Cowboys and Aliens to you. Trust me, it’s a lot more serious than the title implies …
Cowboys and Aliens
★★★☆

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought about this movie when I was reconsidering the title of my next book. My book is nothing like this. :) No cowboys or aliens. Well, no aliens from space, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.