Monday 9 June 2014

The Daily Teaser — 9-6-2014

Eeeeeeewwwww … 

I think my eyeballs are melting … !

I have to admit, I’m up nice and early: I officially start my work placement, today.

The net result?

Is that my eyeballs are feeling just a touch bleary,

Personally … ?

Well, personally, I’m thinking I’m going to try and get an early night, today.

I think that’s going to help in the morning!

~≈Ê≈~
But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and bagging four out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 9th June saw the disappearance of George Mallory and Andrew Irvine: on the second ever attempt to climb which mountain … ?
Q2) In which year was this … ?
Q3) 9th June, 1856, saw 500 Mormon pioneers start their journey from what’s now Salt Lake City, in Utah.   Which US city did they leave, that day … ?
Q4) 9th June, 1836, saw the birth of the first woman to become a doctor in the UK.   Who was she … ?
Q5) Finally … 9th June, 1958, saw the Queen open a newly revamped Gatwick Airport.    In which English country is Gatwick: East Sussex, West Sussex or Surrey … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 8th June, 68AD saw Galba named as Roman Emperor.   By whom: the Praetorian Guard, the Roman Senate or the Roman Legions?
A1) The Roman Senate.
Q2) 8th June, 632AD, saw the death of the Prophet, Muhammad.   Who replaced him as the Caliph — or administrative leader —of the Faithful?
A2) Abdullah ibn Abi Quhafa: also known as Abu Bakr.   (As such, his title would’ve been Khalifat Rasul Allah: or Successor to the Messenger of God.)
Q3) 8th June, 2009, saw two US journalists found guilty of illegally entering which Asian country … ?
A3) North Korean.   (I told them: I TOLD them … ! I said to ’em, I said, ‘Don’t go to North Korean singin’ Gangnam Style, whilst dancing on the back of a flatbed truck’, I said, ‘The North Koreans are funny about that sort of thing!’, I said.   Would they listen … ?   No!)
Q4) 8th June, 1955, saw the birth of Sir Tim Berners Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web.   Where was he working, when he creating the Web … ?
A4) The European Organization for Nuclear Research: better known as CERN.
Q5) Finally … 8th June, 1856, saw settlers form Pitcairn Island colonize Norfolk Island.   Those settlers were descendants of mutineers from which Royal Naval ship … ?
A5) The HMS Bounty.
As today is Cole Porter’s birthday … ?   I’ll leave you with this song … 


And with this thought …
“Where I live, nobody who’s fourteen is having sex and doing major drugs. And I think if you see it in the movies, you may be influenced by it. I think it’s so important to preserve your innocence.”
Natalie Portman, born, 9th June, 1981.
Have a goos day … !










*        It’s only a work placement, Debbi: but cheers! :D

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Well, good luck with it! I assume a work placement is like a temp job?

1. Mount Everest
2. 1924
3. Iowa City
4. Elizabeth Blackwell
5. Surrey