Saturday 7 March 2015

The Daily Teaser — 7-3-2015

You know, I’ve got to admit, I’ve got The Musketeers on.

Courtesy of the BBC’s iPlayer Service, I should add: after kicking myself for forgetting to record it!

Exciting stuff, this week: turns out Porthos has found his father, and it’s Liam Cunningham.

Who get around a bit.

This, Dr Who, Game of Thrones … 

The man get’s about.

Personally … ?   I’m ALSO half convinced I’ve seen him playing Ancient Roman detective, Marcus Didius Falco.

But it turns out it was Brian Brown.

Possibly an easy mistake to make … 

~≈Á≈~

But let’s get a move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 7th March, 1872, saw the birth of Dutch artist, Piet Mondrian.   Many of his paintings consisted of black lines, on a white background: with squares of one of three colours.   Name one of those colours.
Q2) 7th March, 1958, saw the birth of the late Rik Mayall.   He first came to prominence in A Kick Up The Eighties: as which character?
Q3) 7th March, 1960, saw Golda Meir elected as her country’s first female Prime Minister.   What WAS her country?
Q4) 7th March saw Alexander Graham Bell receive the patent for the telephone.   In which year of the 1870s?
Q5) Finally … 7th March 2007, saw the House Of Commons declare that the other House of Parliament, should be 100% elected.   What’s the name of that other House?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 6th March, 1869, saw Dmitri Mendeleev present the first Periodic table to the Russian Chemical Society.   How many chemical elements exist in nature: 97, 98 or 99?
A1) 98.
Q2) 6th March, 1992, saw the first appearance of the Michelangelo virus.   The virus takes its name from the Renaissance artist, as it coincides with his birthday: in which year?
A2) 1475.
Q3) 6th March, 1988, saw three members of the Provisional IRA killed: on Gibraltar.   By members of which UK Regiment?
A3) The 22nd Special Air Services: or SAS.
Q4) 6th March, 1917, saw the birth of actor/comedian, Frankie Howerd.   In which series did he play Lurcio?   (It’s pronounced ‘LURK e o’)
Q5) Finally … 6th March, 1961, saw the death of George Formby.   What was his signature musical instrument?
A5) The Ukelele: and/or the banjolele.
I ’ll leave you with this thought … 
“I didn’t think anyone outside of LA would read Less Than Zero.   I thought The Rules of Attraction would be a huge hit.   I assumed people would react to American Psycho as a comedy.   I thought I showcased some of my best writing in The Informers.   And I was totally caught off-guard by the amount of good reviews and bad reviews Glamorama elicited.   I’ve stopped guessing because I’m always wrong.   And quite honestly: I don’t care.   Writing the book is the main thing.   Waiting for a reaction: a waste of time. But, obviously, I hope people respond to the book in a favorable way.   I don’t want people to dislike it.   But I don’t really mind if they do.”

Brett Easton Ellis, born March 7, 1964.
And this: possibly one of the best tunes ever written … 


Have a very good day … 










*        I wouldn’t mind, Debbi, but getting the airfare would be tricky!   Still, there’s a certain Texas Boogie† band I wouldn’t mind seeing live … 

†        Dr Feelgood do/did Themes Delta blues.   Billy, Dusty and Frank do Rio Grande Delta blues.


1 comment:

Debbi said...

Airfare isn't cheap.

1. blue
2. Kevin Turvey
3. Israel
4. 1876
5. House of Lords