Saturday 29 June 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 29-6-2019: Muhammad Ahmad

29th June, 2019.


I’m right, aren’t I … ?

It is a touch moreish, isn’t it … ?

I’m on Quora, so you know: the website that lets you ask and answers questions.

And I have to admit, it makes for both riveting reading … and riveting writing.

Especially for those of us who like the chance to share our knowledge …

Or ‘show off,’ as my mother insists on calling it … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Badwolf†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 29th June saw Muhammad Ahmad declare himself as what?
Q2) In which year was this … ?
Q3) The title Ahmad claimed was, and is, much discussed in which religion: Christianity, Judaism or Islam?
Q4) Which branch of that religion was Muhammad Ahmad part of?
Q5) Finally … ?   Ahmad founded a state in what’s now, where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 28th June is Tau Day: celebrating the number, Tau.   Tau is two times what … ?
A1) Two times π.
Q2) 28th June, 2018, saw the death of SF writer, Harlan Ellison.   Which of his short stories won the 1966 Hugo, the 1965 Nebula, and the 2015 Prometheus Hall of Fame?
A2) “Repent, Harlequin!” Said the Ticktockman.   (Apparently?   He wrote it over the course of six hours.   What was he smoking?)
Q3) 28th June, 1519, saw Charles 5th named as Holy Roman Emperor.   He was a member of which Austrian House?
A3) The House of Hapsburg.   (He was also a grandson of Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain, Archduke of Austria, King of Aragon, Castile, Germany and Italy.   The fact he bribed as many electors as possible, to GET the imperial crown?   Is incidental … )
Q4) 28th June, 1964, saw Malcolm X form which group?
A4) The Organisation of Afro-American Unity.
Q5) 28th June, 1491, saw the birth of Henry 8th.   In which year did he accede the English throne?
A5) 1509.   (Apparently?   He was ALSO a candidate for the throne of the Holy Roman Empire, in 1519.   The year that saw Charles 5th bribe his way to the top.)
Here’s a quote … …
“It was Muḥammad Aḥmad who converted this diversified discontent into a unified movement that for a time would transcend tribalism and weld the faithful into an unconquerable military machine.”
From the Encyclopædia Britannica entry on Muhammad Ahmad.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        You’re right, there, Olga!   I’m really going to have to chase those tests up, I’ve STILL not heard …

†        Oh, canals, Anne?   We’ve nothing like in my part of Essex.   Best I can do is a railway line!   Remind me to keep an eye open, in case you tweet them!

‡        He sounds like it, Debbi:   I think I mite need to get hold of a novel or two … !

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The Mahdi
Q2) 1881
Q3) Islam
Q4) Samaniyya
Q5) Sudan
They can take a long time to come back, but I remember once I waited for a follow-up appointment and eventually phoned them, and they had forgotten. Thankfully, it was good news and they just discharged me but...

Debbi said...

I've got to check out that short story. Whatever he was smoking, I wouldn't mind trying! :)

1. the Mahdi
2. 1881
3. Islam
4. Sudanese Mahdiyya
5. Sudan