Sunday 30 June 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30th June, 2019

30th June, 2019.


It’s official … I have a quiet day ahead of my.

Well … 

Barring Sunday dinner at my family’s place, tonight.

You can bet someone’s going to be noisy … 

~≈¥≈~

Something else I know, today … ?

Is that the temperature’s due to hit the 25 ºC mark, today.

Oh, and sunny.

I know perfectly well that’s not as hot as some bits of Europe.

But … ?

Well, I know I’m uncomfortable … !

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring four out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 30th June, 1962, saw the birth of singer, Julianne Regan.   Which band was the singer for?
Q2) 30th June, 1997, saw the UK hand over what to China?
Q3) 30th June, 1966, saw the birth of controversial boxer, Mike Tyson.   In which year did he first become WBC heavyweight champion?
Q4) 30th June is Asteroid Day.   The date was chosen to mark an asteroid strike, where: North America, South America, Europe or Russia?
Q5) Finally … ?   The Regina Cyclone hit Canada: on 30th June, 1912.   Which Canadian Province did it hit?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 29th June saw Muhammad Ahmad declare himself as what?
A1) The Mahdi.
Q2) In which year was this … ?
A2) 1881.
Q3) The title Ahmad claimed was, and is, much discussed in which religion: Christianity, Judaism or Islam?
A3) Islam.
Q4) Which branch of that religion was Muhammad Ahmad part of?
A4) The Sufis.
Q5) Finally … ?   Ahmad founded a state in what’s now, where?
A5) Sudan.   (It’s a famous part of the British Empire’s history: General Gordon’s death was a key moment in the Ahmad’s eventual downfall.)
Here’s a thought …
“Whence thy learning? Hath thy toil
O’er books consumed the midnight oil?”
John Gay, 30 June 1685 – 4 December 1732.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Yeah: I’m thinking that’s why it’s important to phone, Olga.   After twenty-seven years of smoking I’m … well … concerned, let’s put it that way.   There’s a lot going on … 

†        You can probably pick up all sorts from everywhere, Debbi!   Oh, I just double checked the relevant entry, Debbi: Harlan wasn’t the only one.   Apparently, Robert Louis Stevenson took three days to knock out The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) All About Eve
Q2) Sovereignty over Hong Kong
Q3) 1986
Q4) Russia
Q5) Saskatchewan
Oh, yes, do phone. And let me know how it goes.
I was reading these two articles today and although I think you’ve probably seen them already, I thought I’d share, just in case. It’s steaming here…

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/is-this-man-the-elon-musk-of-e-waste
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywyjmw/history-will-not-be-kind-to-jony-ive

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) All About Eve. (2)Hong Kong (3)1986 (4)Russia(5)Saskatchewan

Debbi said...

I'm interested in seeing how he constructed such an unusual narrative.

1. All About Eve
2. Hong Kong
3. 1986
4. Russia
5. Saskatchewan