Saturday 7 September 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7-9-2019: Dario

7th September, 2019.


Yes: it’s officially official.

I went to the interview, yesterday.

And … ?

It didn’t necessarily go as I expected.

I was supposed to be interviewed by the shop manager: who I’d been interviewed by, at the last interview.

Instead?   I got interviewed by her assistant.   Who didn’t introduce himself, who told me ‘their system was down*,’ and who seemed … 

Very young and inexperienced†.

And very dis-engaged with with the process: I was a checkbox exercise, so to speak.

I wasn’t even asked for the ID documents I’d been asked to bring along.

Frankly?

Frankly, I was mildly confused by the interview.

Mildly confused, mildly angry … and mildly insulted.

After all, I wasn’t being interviewed by the person who was supposed to be interviewed by.

And came away with the impression that:
  1. I was being used as a training exercise for the young man who interviewed me.
  2. The person who wasn’t interviewing me was avoiding me: and any legitimate questions I had.
Frankly?

I’m not expecting to get the job.

I feel vaguely used.

And have actually complained to the relevant person in the HR department.


Under those circumstances?

I’m not sure I want the job.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf‡, Olga^, and Debbi** putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 7th September saw the birth of director, Dario Argento.   In which year?
Q2) He’s from which country … ?
Q3) He’s well known for films in a sub-genre of horror: called what?
Q4) What was the name of Argento’s directorial debut?
Q5) Name any one of Argento’s Three Mothers movies.
Q6) Argento worked with Bernardo Bertolucci: on which 1968, Sergio Leone film?
Q7) On one 1978, George A. Romero film, Argento was both a producer: and collaborated on the soundtrack.   Which Romero film are we talking about?
Q8) He co-owns a horror memorabilia store: at Via dei Gracchi 260, in Rome.   What’s that shop called?
Q9) It’s named after which Argento film?
Q10) Finally … ?   The 1987 Argento film, Opera, is set in a theatre: showing which Verde opera?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 6th September, 1947, saw the birth of singer, Sylvester.   In which year did he die of AIDS?
A1) 1988.
Q2) 6th September, 1958, saw the birth of singer, Buster Bloodvessel.   He was the front man of which ska band?
A2) Bad Manners.
Q3) David Mark Berger, Youssef Gutfreund, and Kehat Shorr were Israeli athletes: who all died on 6th September, 1972.   At which event?
A3) The 1972 Summer Olympics.   (The killings have been known as the Munich Massacre for many years.)
Q4) 6th September is Unification Day.   In which European country?
A4) Bulgaria.
Q5) Finally … ?   6th September, 2018, saw the death of Burt Reynolds.   In which film did he play Jack Horner?
Here’s a thought …
“If you don’t like my movies, don’t watch them.”
Dario Argento.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Quite what that had to do with the actual interview, I don’t know.

†        My current manager — they of the adoption papers issue — is also quite young, and inexperienced.   Which I feel may have had something to do with the Adoption problem.   But they also seemed far better trained, far more involved, far more engaged, at the interview stage.   And far more with it, frankly.

‡        Bloody hell, a Sony Ericsson, Anne††?   That IS going back a bit!   Think I had one myself, the cameras were rather good.   I tend not to use my phone quite as extensively.   Well … bar playing Tetris.   Wish you mum well for me: sounds like there’s issues.   (I think you’ll enjoy today’s set: even if you don’t get the chance to have a go.)

^        Oh, it’s definitely good to have the opportunities, Olga††.   But, as you can guess?   The interview went … strangely … I’m convinced I’ve … well … let’s just say it’s the first time I’ve complained about an interview …

**       They’re like New York cabs, and those first iMacs, Debbi††.   Design icons!

††        Am I the only one who thinks Dario Argento looks like Pope Francis?

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1940 ,Italy, giallo, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, The Mother of Tears, Once Upon a Time in the West,Dawn of the Dead,Profondo Rosso, Deep Red.Macbeth

Olga said...

Q1) 1940
Q2) Italy
Q3) giallo
Q4) The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Q5) Suspiria
Q6) Once Upon a Time in the West
Q7) Dawn of the Dead
Q8) Profondo Rosso (it sounds great in Italian, I must say)
Q9) Deep Red
Q10) Macbeth
I'm not sure about the Pope Francis similarity, although I must confess this is the first time I think I've seen what Dario Argento looks like. I've watched many of his movies over the years, but can't recall seeing him interviewed or anything. Weird. Perhaps I have and he's just not that memorable-looking. I must catch up the remake of Suspiria (I have it on my Amazon list to watch but haven't gotten around it yet. I tend to watch movies with my mother, and I'm pretty convinced she wouldn't like it).
I'm sorry about the interview. It sounds rubbish and a lack of respect to put it mildly, so I am with you about complaining. You might be right about the training angle, although perhaps something came up, but that is no excuse. Yes, they don't sound like somebody you'd want to work for, anyway, if you needed any more convincing.
I hope they don't make you work too hard today.

Debbi said...

Oh, man. One of those interviews! I'd be wary of working there, too.

I love the quotation! I'll paraphrase my own version: "If you don't like my books, don't read them." :-D

1. 1940
2. Italy
3. giallo
4. The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
5. Suspiria
6. Once Upon a Time in the West
7. Dawn of the Dead
8. Profondo Rosso
9. Deep Red
10. Macbeth