Tuesday 22 December 2009

Oh, for Heavens SAKE, Zaphod!

I've got to admit, right now, I'm MIGHTILY hacked off!
I really am!
Right at the moment, I'm sitting in Brentowood's library - using a PC, so you can imagine how I feel about that! - to put this post up!
I'm having mixed feeling's about BT, I know that.
I missed a payment, back in May, and settled it by paying the bill at a local shop that had a Pay Point terminal. Something that, for my US readers, lets you pay bills over the 'net, with a swipe card, key, what have you: it lets you make electronic payments for things like this, fairy easily.
And - bar leaving the money in my bank account to keep up to date with the rest of the payments for my broad bandbill - thought nothing more of it.
'Til they cut me off, this morning!
It turns out that, while they'd cut me, their wholesellers HADN'T.
No, I'm not complaining.
Not as I've had six and a half months of free broadband.
Nor can I complain, as BT have manfully offered to re-connect me, at a slightly better price, a new hub, and without charging for the past few months.
About the only problem I do have, is the simple fact it's going to take some five working days to do so.
Which means I'm going to be back online, on a regular basis, on the 31st of this month.
Until then, I'm going going to try my damndest to keep the Teaser's up and running, til then.
Just don't expect miracles.
So, what I'm going to do, right here, and now, is assure you I'm still here!
And, while 'll I've got the chance, wish you a Happy Christmas, Happy Channukkah, Happy (belated) Eid, Happy Kwaanzaa, Happy Dand Belated Happy Solstice to any pagans out there.
Have a good Christmas, folks, WHATEVER you call this time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your BT problem gets sorted out soon. Good luck! It must be murder for you to be without the internet!

Happy Christmas to you too, Paul. See you soon,

James

trev-v said...

Oh my God Paul using software from Bill Gates!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonders will never cease.


Trevor

Nik Nak said...

Trust me, Trevor, I'd really rather not! At least, not without massacreing the guy!

And James, it goes live, again ...

ON DECEMBER THE 31ST.

I ASK you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you'd THINK MS'd put a spellchecker on IE, I HATE IE!!!!!!