Tuesday 8 December 2009

Some News …

Hmmm …

Actually, that looks like something that’s basically seems to be a good idea.

Whether it’ll work, is another idea, but the basic idea?

Looks like sense.

And about time!

It seems that, according to various news reports, today, that the Government have launched a ‘Green Cross Code’-style campaign, to help raise awareness of on-line safety.

All to the good, I think.

Now, I know I’m no parent, but some of my friends are, so, for them, this will be welcome news.

About a very easy to remember piece of advice;


Zip It.
Just simply means keeping your passwords to yourself; and/or a trusted adult.

Block It.
Block sites and people your think might be unsafe.

Flag It.
Flag up any sites or people that are bullying you, or dangerous.


Leave a comment, everyone.

And spread the word around, everyone …

6 comments:

Combom said...

but they are treating kids like kids, and kids hate that! all the ones i know that surf know the rules, whether they will obey them when it matters is another thing!

Nik Nak said...

True!

But I’m thinking it all comes down to how the kids in question get on with the parents, surely?

Most of the parent I know tend to keep an eye on their kids, when they are online, so this is just backing that up.

Anonymous said...

It a good idea but I know for a fact that it is all about the parents. Growing up my mom was at home with us and very involved. The computer was off the living room and there were no secrets! I know things are different now but if parents were a bigger part of their childrens lives there would not be as many issues. Im still afraid of my mom and Im almost 30!

Andrea @pinkylips29

Nik Nak said...

Now that’s a good thing, I think: I know Tim aand Adele both monitor the kids, as and when: I’m also thinking ’net access is a lot commoner than it was, say ten year‘s ago. Anything that raises awareness can’t help but be good.

Would thias have been help to either of you, when younger?

Anonymous said...

this green cross code style slogan is actually aimed at parents. the only parents who will need it will probably be found on the Jeremy Kyle show and their klds are doomed anyway. i find it very patronising as a parent to be told how to bring up children but i know there are a lot of stupid parents in the world. there should be a license like with a tv... from grub, i forgot my password...

Nik Nak said...

Hmmmm …

You’ve got me cornered, there, Grub: trouble is, when we were kids, the net didn’t exist in quite the form it is, today.

Which is why I’d probably — in your shoes — be totally lost!

That’s not saying I’m dim, far from it, I think.

But …