Sunday, 19 September 2010

Law Abiding Citizen: Blood-soaked Entertainment


You know, I’ve got to admit, I was impressed by tonight’s episode of Merlin, I really was.

But, as for the film that I, Movie Night Adrian, and Kevin and Sarah D all got together to watch … ?

Hmmmm …

I’m not to sure.

Hmmmmm …

Yes, Kevin, Adrian, I do do lots of hmmm-hmmm-mmm noises, when I’ve not made me mind up, I know …

Because tonight’s film, the 2009, F. Gary Grey directed, Law Abiding Citizen isn’t exactly what I’d’ve called engrossing: although I know Adrian and Kevin are possibly going to disagree.

I do know it’s not entirely one that’s brain fodder: although it’s had a lot more thought put into the plot — and a central character who plans ahead — than other films of its kind.

Although I’m not sure if Law Abiding Citizen would usually be my first choice of movies.

‹‹‹•›››

19/9/2010

Especially as it seems to be very familiar …

Well …

Familiar-ish, especially if you’ve seen anything on the lines of Deathwish.

Law Abiding Citizen sees the family of engineer, Clyde Shelton, played by Gerald Butler, viciously attacked, and killed by robbers: and, frustrated by the ensuing plea-bargain put together by ace defender, Nick Rice — ably played by Jamie Foxx, who vaguely reminded me of a young Denzel Washington, in this film — Shelton decides to put together a plan of revenge.

Slowly.

Very surely.

And against both the criminals who’d destroyed his family, and the legal teams he feels has let him down.

‹‹‹•›››

Hmmmm …

Maybe I’m being a little harsh, here …

Granted it’s wasn’t my first choice of film for the evening: that, I think, would’ve been Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, which I know Adrian wasn’t keen on seeing, or Heartless, which Kevin didn’t fancy.

And I also think that maybe Mr Brooks did the psychotic outsider a touch better.

But, to be fair … ?

Law Abiding Citizen is an entertaining couple of hours watch.

From where I’m sitting … ?

One that’s maybe not worth buying on DVD.

But certainly one that’s worth renting.
Law Abiding Citizen
★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.