Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Hmmm …

That’s taking its time …

I’ve got to admit, I’m currently uploading the video for today’s Teaser to YouTube.

And, my word, it’s taking a while to process.

Saying that … ?

It is a little bigger than it had been: I’ve noticed that the audio doesn’t quite carry over, using just Keynote, along.

So I exported it to my copy of iMovie …

Lets move on, shall we? Before I get to technical …

«•»

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor putting in his answers and bagging 6 out of 6: it also saw him quoting the late, great, Roald Dahl. Lets see how he — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’ and License

Q1) 24th November, 1859, saw the publication of Charles Darwin’s On The Origin Of Species: what’s the book’ full title … ?


Q2) 24th November, 1989, saw the resignation of entire communist government of which country?

Q3) 24th November, 1966, saw which US city experience its smoggiest day … ?

Q4) 24th November, 1957, saw the birth of US actress, Denise Crosby: which character did she play in Star Trek: The Next Generation?

Q5) More to the point, which American crooner’s granddaughter is she … ?

Q6) And finally … 24th November, 1980, saw the death of US actor, George Raft: in which 1959 comedy did he play ‘Spats’ Columbo … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 23rd, 1963, saw the BBC air the first episode of Dr Who: what was the name of that first episode … ?


Q2) 23rd November, 1976, saw the death of noted French author, André Malraux. As well as writing, he was also a French government minister: what was the first government post he was appointed to … ?
A2) Minister of Information.

Q3) More to the point, who appointed Malraux to that post … ?
A3) President Charles de Gaulle.

Q4) While we’re on a literary theme: 23rd November, 1990, saw the death of which children’s writer … ?
A4) Roald Dahl.

Q5) In the US, 23rd November is the earliest date that Black Friday can fall: Black Friday marks the start of what … ?

Q6) And finally … 23rd November, 1993, saw Rachel Whiteread win the Turner Prize for Modern art: and the K Foundation art award for what … ?
A6) Worst Modern Artist.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later …


1 comment:

trev-v said...

Q1 On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.
Q2 Czechoslovakia
Q3 New York city
Q4 Natasha "Tasha" Yar
Q5 Harry Lillis "Bing" Crosby
Q6 Some Like It Hot

Trevor

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off. "

"Sexual intercourse vests no property rights."

"Me, I have a science fiction writer's conviction that the damn robot is supposed to speak
human, not the other way around."

"Sometimes I think I have a Guardian Idiot. A little invisible spirit just behind my shoulder, looking out for me... Only he's an imbecile."

"...honesty is hard work."

"...I know good design when I fail to trip over it."

Quotes by Spider Robinson (Science fiction author) born 24 November 1948 (a good year I was born that year).