Friday, 6 May 2011

Oh, now that’s a Shame …

Seriously, that’s DEFINITELY a shame.

It seems that Councillor Chilvers is now former Councillor Chilvers.

Having been voted out of office by a narrow margin of 10 votes.

Personally … ?

I’m disappointed, I really am.

Brentwood West’s lost a very capable councillor, there.

And frankly … ?

Given that her replacement is a Conservative — and going on Joan Holmes example — I’m not expecting to see hide or hair of him, until the next set of elections.

Frankly … ?

As far as I’m concerned, he may be a councillor …

But he’s not my councillor.

»»•««

Hmmm …

Now, I’ll be frank, here, as well, but — if I were in Ms Chilvers shoes — what to be doing next.

I’ll confess, I don’t know: I suspect she may well be catching up with some sleep.

I know, however, that — from where I’m sitting — I’d be very annoyed at Nick Clegg.

I personally believe that losing such a capable councillor seems to be in line with the Liberal Democrats bad results, overnight.

And personally feel that’s a result of several things.

Which I feel has the fact of the national coalition at its heart.

I also believe that, as things stand at the moment … ?

I feel the ‘Yes To AV’ campaign may be on the brink of losing.

Something that I also think is a shame.

Hmmm …

I’ve got to ask …

If the ‘Yes To AV’ campaign does go under … ?

Will the Deputy Prime Minister be falling on his proverbial sword … ?


1 comment:

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.