Monday 30 May 2011

The Daily Teaser: 30-5-11

Ooooh …

That’s weird …

That really is.

Today’s my official Stop day.

In other words, it’s the official date that I don’t have a cigarette.

Hmmm …

And it’s decidedly strange.

I mean, for STARTERS, getting the patch out of the packet … ?

Was frustrating enough to make me want a fag, I know that … !

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

Before I have to start explaining that one. And before I start getting a case of the fidgets …

»»•««

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with wishing me well on the packing up front, she also managed to bag 6 out of 6.

Lets see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, license and video

Q1) 30th May, 1431, saw the death of Saint Joan of Arc: which British band recorded two songs about her on the same album?

Q2) More to the point, what was the name of the album … ?

Q3) 30th May, 1962, saw the birth of comic book writer and artist, Kevin Eastman: which heroes did he help create … ?

Q4) 30th May, 2011, is Memorial Day, in the US: what was it originally called … ?

Q5) 30th May, 1922, saw the dedication of which US memorial … ?

Q6) And finally … 30th May, 1859, saw what ring for the first time … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 29th May, 1968, saw which football team win the European Cup … ?
A1) Manchester United.

Q2) More to the point, who did they beat … ?
Q2) S. L. Benfica.

Q3) Talking of the European Cup … 29th May, 1985 saw 39 Juventus fans die at the European Cup final … at which Brussels stadium … ?
A3) Heysel.

Q4) 29th May, 1848, saw were become the 30th state of the USA?
A4) Wisconsin.

Q5) 29th May, 1919, saw Einstein’s theory of General Relativity confirmed by observations of what: a solar eclipse, a lunar eclipse, or a transition of Venus?
A5) A solar eclipse.

Q6) And finally … 29th May, 1982, saw the Pope make a historic visit to Canterbury Cathedral: which Pope … ?
A6) Pope John Paul 2nd.
Enjoy those, everyone. Now, if you’ll excuse me … ? I’m going to start chewing on the floorboards …

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I've never had to quit smoking, but may I suggest gum instead of floorboards. :)

1. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
2. Architecture & Morality
3. the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
4. Decoration Day
5. the Lincoln Memorial
6. Big Ben