Thursday 7 January 2016

The Daily Teaser — 7-1-2016: Lucky Sevens

Ye mothering GODS, but I feel lovely.

He says, mustering up the kind of irony a body can only use, when it’s got up after a bad night.

Seriously bad night: I slept.

But only intermittently: getting up to go to the loo.

What the hell was going on, there, I REALLY don’t know.

Personally … ?   Personally, I’m just glad I’m off work, at the mo.   Quite how this would affect me, I don’t know: but suspect ‘badly’ would be the word to use.

The one thing I do know … ?   Is that whether or not I head back to bed, I’m indoors: and ready for the much talked of internal hard drive.

Here’s hoping the blessed thing turns up, when I’m awake!

~≈fi≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: both scoring six out of six.

Let’s see how every one does with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ">How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 7 is a Prime number: in other words, it’s only exactly dividable by itself: and what other number?
Q2) True or False: 7 is a Fibonacci number.
Q3) What are the chances of rolling a seven, on two standard, six sided dice: 1 in 6, 1 in 8 or 1 in 10?
Q4) What name is given to a seven-sided, two dimensional, shape: a heptagon, a septagon or a septisimal?
Q5) Write the number seven … in binary.
Q6) In Jewish tradition, what’s the seventh day of the week?
Q7) What’s 7 squared?
Q8) The Lotus 7 car features in the opening titles of which TV series: The Fugitive, The Prisoner or The Avengers?
Q9) Name any one of the seven hills of Rome.
Q10) Finally … The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros feature in which series of books: The Lord Of The Rings, A Song of Fire and Ice or  the Discworld?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 6th January is the end of the Twelve Days of Christmas.   What’s the name given to this feast … in Western Christianity?
A1) Epiphany.   (Parts of The world, it’s ALSO known as Three Kings Day: which Debbi reminded me of, with her answer.)
Q2) More to the point, Eastern Christian Churches call it … what?
A2) Theophany.
Q3) 6th January, 2015, saw the death of actor, Lance Percival.   In which 1971 film did he play Bilius?
Q4) Congress chartered a national cathedral for the USA: on 6th January, 1893.   The cathedral is in which US city?
Q5) 6th January, 1992, saw the US Government advise doctors to stop using what: antibiotics, leeches or breast implants?
A5) Breast implants.   (Apparently, most US medical authorities agree antibiotics are Bad Thing.)
Q6) Finally … New Mexico was admitted as the 47th US state.   On 6th January of which year: 1911, 1912 or 1913?
A6) 1912.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that’s a full day.   That’s a heck of a day.   You do that seven days a week, you’re going to have something special.”
Jim Valvano.
And this tune, by long gone Brentwood based pub rock band, Doghouse … 


Have a good day … !











*        Actually, Debbi^, remember complaining about how Amazon treated self-published authors, all those years ago … ?   I THINK we can see e-mailing Jeff may … you know … Help!!   (Oh, cheers for the Three Kings answer: I keep forgetting that’s one of the alternative names: it’s not one I’ve seen used in this part of the UK, but I’m VERY awry Epiphany is all about the Three Wise Men.)


†        I think we can say it helped, Olga^!   (According to DPD, the couriers Amazon have hired for this?   It SHOULD get here, by about 10:30.   Frankly … ?  I’m looking forward to that … !)

^        Pointless trivia for you both: the video for ZZTop song, Velcro Fly, was choreographed by Paula Abdul.   The world’s furriest blues band and a former cheerleader just seems a touch … odd … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Pleased to see you got it! I ran out of time to research the answers. I'll have to check tomorrow as I love number 7. Be well!

Debbi said...

Oh, I don't know. Whole groups of more famous authors than myself have complained about Amazon. Didn't do much! :)

1. 1
2. false
3. 1 in 6
4. a septagon
5. 0111
6. the Sabbath
7. 49
8. The Prisoner
9. The Aventine Hill
10. A Song of Ice and Fire