Thursday, 7 January 2016

The Daily Teaser — 7-1-2016: Lucky Sevens

Ye mothering GODS, but I feel lovely.

He says, mustering up the kind of irony a body can only use, when it’s got up after a bad night.

Seriously bad night: I slept.

But only intermittently: getting up to go to the loo.

What the hell was going on, there, I REALLY don’t know.

Personally … ?   Personally, I’m just glad I’m off work, at the mo.   Quite how this would affect me, I don’t know: but suspect ‘badly’ would be the word to use.

The one thing I do know … ?   Is that whether or not I head back to bed, I’m indoors: and ready for the much talked of internal hard drive.

Here’s hoping the blessed thing turns up, when I’m awake!

~≈fi≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: both scoring six out of six.

Let’s see how every one does with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ">How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 7 is a Prime number: in other words, it’s only exactly dividable by itself: and what other number?
Q2) True or False: 7 is a Fibonacci number.
Q3) What are the chances of rolling a seven, on two standard, six sided dice: 1 in 6, 1 in 8 or 1 in 10?
Q4) What name is given to a seven-sided, two dimensional, shape: a heptagon, a septagon or a septisimal?
Q5) Write the number seven … in binary.
Q6) In Jewish tradition, what’s the seventh day of the week?
Q7) What’s 7 squared?
Q8) The Lotus 7 car features in the opening titles of which TV series: The Fugitive, The Prisoner or The Avengers?
Q9) Name any one of the seven hills of Rome.
Q10) Finally … The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros feature in which series of books: The Lord Of The Rings, A Song of Fire and Ice or  the Discworld?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 6th January is the end of the Twelve Days of Christmas.   What’s the name given to this feast … in Western Christianity?
A1) Epiphany.   (Parts of The world, it’s ALSO known as Three Kings Day: which Debbi reminded me of, with her answer.)
Q2) More to the point, Eastern Christian Churches call it … what?
A2) Theophany.
Q3) 6th January, 2015, saw the death of actor, Lance Percival.   In which 1971 film did he play Bilius?
Q4) Congress chartered a national cathedral for the USA: on 6th January, 1893.   The cathedral is in which US city?
Q5) 6th January, 1992, saw the US Government advise doctors to stop using what: antibiotics, leeches or breast implants?
A5) Breast implants.   (Apparently, most US medical authorities agree antibiotics are Bad Thing.)
Q6) Finally … New Mexico was admitted as the 47th US state.   On 6th January of which year: 1911, 1912 or 1913?
A6) 1912.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that’s a full day.   That’s a heck of a day.   You do that seven days a week, you’re going to have something special.”
Jim Valvano.
And this tune, by long gone Brentwood based pub rock band, Doghouse … 


Have a good day … !











*        Actually, Debbi^, remember complaining about how Amazon treated self-published authors, all those years ago … ?   I THINK we can see e-mailing Jeff may … you know … Help!!   (Oh, cheers for the Three Kings answer: I keep forgetting that’s one of the alternative names: it’s not one I’ve seen used in this part of the UK, but I’m VERY awry Epiphany is all about the Three Wise Men.)


†        I think we can say it helped, Olga^!   (According to DPD, the couriers Amazon have hired for this?   It SHOULD get here, by about 10:30.   Frankly … ?  I’m looking forward to that … !)

^        Pointless trivia for you both: the video for ZZTop song, Velcro Fly, was choreographed by Paula Abdul.   The world’s furriest blues band and a former cheerleader just seems a touch … odd … 

2 comments:

  1. Pleased to see you got it! I ran out of time to research the answers. I'll have to check tomorrow as I love number 7. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know. Whole groups of more famous authors than myself have complained about Amazon. Didn't do much! :)

    1. 1
    2. false
    3. 1 in 6
    4. a septagon
    5. 0111
    6. the Sabbath
    7. 49
    8. The Prisoner
    9. The Aventine Hill
    10. A Song of Ice and Fire

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.