Sunday 12 February 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-2-2017

Hmmm … 

Looks like I’ve just had to do some jugging: where Safari couldn’t upload the photo for today’s Teaser.

So I’ve had to use Google Chrome — for now — to upload today’s Teaser poster.

I’m hoping it goes through!

~≈Ê≈~

I’ve also got to admit: I recorded Back in Black, the Terry Pratchett documentary, last night.

And have to admit to having watched the first few minutes, when I got up, today.

I couldn’t watch.

I think it’s going to be a little too emotional for this time of the morning.

~≈Ê≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring ten out of ten in the process.   The day ALSO saw Olga† letting us know she’s around.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Pope Francis met Patriarch Kirill: on 12th February, 2016.   In which country?
Q2) More to the point, Kirill is the head of which church?
Q3) The first stone of the Lincoln Memorial was laid in Washington: on 2nd February of which year?
Q4) China’s last Emperor abdicated: on 12th February, 1912.   During his reign, he’d’ve been known as the Xuantong Emperor.   What was his name?
Q5) Finally … Gustav 3rd became King: on 12th February, 1771.   Of where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 11th February is Japan’s traditional foundation date.   In which year: 660BC, 663 or 666?
A1) 660BC.
Q2) It was founded by Emperor whom?
A2) Jimmu.
Q3) Who’s the current Emperor?
A3) Akihito.
Q4) The country’s flag is a white rectangle with a red circle on it.   The circle is said to represent the … what?
A4) The Sun.
Q5) What’s the capital city of Japan?
A5) Tokyo.
Q6) Name any one of Japan’s four main islands …
A6) Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku or Kyushu.
Q7) What’s Japan’s currency?
A7) The Yen.
Q8) The country’s equivalent to Parliament is the National … what?
A8) Diet.
Q9) Japan’s main staple food is what: bread, rice or the potato?
A9) Rice.
Q10) Finally … What’s the language of Japan?
A10) Japanese.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“The whole growing-up process seems to have eluded me.”
Christina Ricci, born February 12, 1980.
And this song … 


Have a good day … !



*        Debbi, you are, as ever, always welcome!

†        Mauthausen … ?   Bloody hell, Olga, the Miret end of the family’s been through the wringer, hasn’t it!?   I know Simon Wiesenthal was at Mauthausen.   And I know what you mean about Blogger, occasionally: it does — as it did for me, this morning — play up!   But WordPress does have issues: a major security flaw has recently been discovered.   I hope the hibernation’s not for too long.   You, as Debbi, make much valued contributions to Nik Nak’s Old Peculiar: I couldn’t do it with out you!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Thanks, Paul. The quiz keeps my brain going although I think at the moment is frozen over (I'm trying to do a bit of training to go jogging with my friend in Paris, as she likes to run but I'm not much of a runner although do fitness videos at home. With this weather, I'm doing walking and running videos at home. At least it's not that cold.
Yes, my mother's uncles were both into politics, the older one was a member of PSUC (a communist nationalist party) and was part of the Catalonian government. He was also in charge of supplies for some of the Catalan Republican forces. One of my cousins, who unfortunately is unwell in hospital at the moment, was very involved with the Mauthausen Amical and has been quite a few times (I hope to visit at some point but due to his health problems he's had to give up his work with them).
I've written about it in my blog a bit...
https://olganm.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/family-stories-josep-and-conrado-miret-muste-mauthausen-the-french-resistance-and-the-spanish-civil-war/
https://olganm.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/70thanniversary-of-the-liberation-of-mauthausen-a-chronicle/
There are a few on my old blog. We weren't that very close to that side of the family (evidently the two uncles died, and although my grandmother was in touch with her two sisters, the youngest one died years back, she was the one most interested in politics, and my mother kept in touch with her other aunt but she passed away some years back. Now I've reconnected with my cousin due to his work at tracing family history).
I saw the comments about the programme on Terry Pratcher. These days I tend to catch up on things later, depending on my mood but you're right.
I'm sure I'll catch up when I'm back end of February or March, although I'm planning on starting an on-line course, but I'll carry on visiting if I can.
I hope the weather there is better than here. Snowing...

Debbi said...

Thank you, Paul! Olga, hang in there and try not to be a stranger. :)

I hope we can woo the likes of Mr. Strict and Trevor back.

A whatever happened to Kaiju and Meredith?

1. Cuba
2. the Russian Orthodox
3. 1914
4. Hsian-T'ung
5. Sweden

Do you happen to know if the Wordpress security problem applies to Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org? Just wondering.

Nik Nak said...

Phew … !

There’s some powerful stuff, there, Olga!

There’s an old Irish saying: that the English never remember their history, but the Irish never forget theirs.

I think this sort of thing?

Is a good example of WHY we should.