Sunday 10 December 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10-12-2017: Mississippi

Hmmm … 

It’s a Sunday that I’ve got off.

And … ?

I’m off to Kent, today: to see my Aunty Bella.

Something I know I’m looking forward, to.

It has been a while!

~≈§≈~

On other fronts?

I’ve had another delivery from Amazon.

I have to give them credit for speed, certainly.

But they left it on my doorstep.

I — like many — have arrangements with Amazon: if I’m not in, they’re supposed to leave the package with a specific, named, neighbour.

They didn’t: again.

Which got me complaining.

Again!

I know it’s easy for even an experienced web user make a mistake: and wipe details from a web form.

Something I’ve confirmed I’ve not done.

I know it’s easy for a large organisation to lose basic information, on its way from a to b.

I work for a large organisation that does that, at least once a week.

Even so?

That’s the second time, in the space of a week, that’s happened: and something that also happened, last year.

Not quite what you’d expect, from the world’s biggest shop.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed Teaser, shall we?

Here it is, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Mississippi became the 20th US state: on 10th December of which year?
Q2) What’s Mississippi’s state capital?
Q3) What’s the most widely spoken Non-English language in the state?
Q4) The state was the second state to secede during America’s Civil War.   What was the first?
Q5) It was ALSO a founder of the what States of America?
Q6) The State’s named after which river?
Q7) What African American music comes, in part, from the Mississippi Delta?
Q8) One Mississippian musician, Chester Arthur Burnett, was one of those musicians: and better known how?
Q9) The King of Rock and Roll was from Tupelo, Mississippi.   Who was he?
Q10) Finally … Which Muppet’s from Mississippi?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 9th December is Anna’s Day in Sweden and Finland.   It marks the traditional day many will start marking which Christmas Eve food?
A1) Lutefisk.
Q2) The Heisman Trophy was first awarded: on 9th December, 1935.   It’s usually awarded to an outstanding amateur what: American footballer, baseball player or basketball player?
Q3) The General Post Office issued a warning: on 9th December, 1957.   The warning advised people to start sending what?
Q4) The Mother of all Demos took place: on 9th December, 1968.   The demo demonstrated the computer mouse, an early form of hypertext, and a GUI.   A GUI is a graphical user … what?
A4) A graphical user interface.
Q5) Finally … Newcastle East End and Newcastle West football clubs merged: on 9th December, 1892.   Which premiership side was the result?
Here’s a thought …
“I once asked a New York reporter if his newsroom issued him a pith helmet and jodhpurs when he ventured down to the Heart of Darkness they portray Mississippi to be. He had asked me if I knew where he could find some Klan to interview and didn’t appear to believe me when I told him it wasn’t much of a going concern in most of the state anymore.”
Geoff Pender.
And a song … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Yeah, memorabilia does make for good various antique shows, Olga†.   I think Antique Roadshow’s done the occasional special edition themed around it, but don’t quote me!   Which reminds me, I’ve a copy of the old 1960s Dalek World: but it’s possibly only worth about £2·50!

No, wait, hang on … I’ve had a look on Amazon … Ye gods … !

†        Is it me, Olga, or does Lutefisk sound revolting?

1 comment:

Nik Nak said...

Bugger … !

The visit to my Aunty’s place, in Kent?

Has been snowed off.

I’m not happy!