Monday 11 December 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11th December, 2017

You know, I’m just having a look at the BBC’s news pages.

Frankly?

I’m not surprised at some of the items I’m seeing.

Right now?

There’s headlines warning motorists of treacherous conditions.

Which isn’t that surprising.

I’m looking at the weather app on my tablet … which is telling me it’s 1°, out there, and showering heavily.

All that … ?

All that, because of yesterday’s snow … 

Dratted stuff* … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser was quiet: with no-one putting in their answers.

Let’s see if we can persuade you, along side everyone else, to try today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Germany and Italy declared war on one of the Western Allies: on 11th December, 1941.   Which ally?
Q2) Edward 8th’s Abdication as Emperor of India went into effect: on 11th December, 1936.   Who’s the current Emperor of India?
Q3) French Upper Volta became self-governing: on 11th December, 1958.   Now independent, the country’s called what?
Q4) 11th December is International Mountain Day.   What’s England’s highest mountain?
Q5) Finally … 11th December is the Feast day of Daniel the Stylite.   Stylites were hermits that lived up what: mountains, pillars or trees?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Mississippi became the 20th US state: on 10th December of which year?
A1) 1817.
Q2) What’s Mississippi’s state capital?
A2) Jackson.
Q3) What’s the most widely spoken Non-English language in the state?
A3) At 1·9%, it’s Spanish.
Q4) The state was the second state to secede during America’s Civil War.   What was the first?
Q5) It was ALSO a founder of the what States of America?
A5) Confederate States.
Q6) The State’s named after which river?
Q7) What African-American music comes, in part, from the Mississippi Delta?
Q8) One Mississippian musician, Chester Arthur Burnett, was one of those musicians: and better known how?
A8) HowlinWolf.
Q9) The King of Rock and Roll was from Tupelo, Mississippi.   Who was he?
Q10) Finally … Which Muppet’s from Mississippi?
A10) Kermit the Frog.   (Although, in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, he said he was from Louisiana.)
Here’s a thought …
“I like to put myself into whatever I’m doin’ so I can feel it.”
Big Mama Thornton, December 11, 1926 – July 25, 1984.
And a song … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day …



*        The one positive I took away from the day?   Is that I managed to catch the last three episodes of Stranger Things series two, last night.   Those were fantastic to watch: and brought the show’s second season to a great conclusion.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Thank you for the lack of spoilers, Paul! :)

It's almost 11 p.m. my time and I'm doing this. Clearly, I'm in teaser withdrawal! :)

1. the United States
2. there isn't one (I think)
3. Burkina Faso
4. Scafell Pike
5. pillars