Friday 22 June 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22-6-18: Newcomers

22nd June, 2018


Yes: I didn’t spill me tea.

Well … 

Much … !

Nothing a cloth couldn’t solve.

I’m getting old … !

~≈§≈~

Right, while we’re at it … ?   Or about it … ?

I like TV: and will happily admit I’m not a sports fan.

So, normally?

Don’t watch football.

And TEND to ignore tennis, as well.

But … ?

Did notice that the BBC iPlayer will be screening this years Wimbledon championship in glorious 4K.

Via the iPlayer.

Frankly?

Long may that reign.

Again, I’m thinking of the pub game, here: where, in all of the fourteen years I was pulling pints, management’s biggest cost — out side of beer, food and staff? — was TV subscriptions.

Just as an example?   I worked in one pub where the area manager decided to cut cost for the year, and cancel its Sky TV subscription.   We lost half a dozen potential customers that first day: all of whom walked in, asked if we were showing the next big game … 

And walked out, just as quickly, when they found out we couldn’t.

So the fact that the BBC is airing World Cup games, and the upcoming tennis, for free, to anyone with a smart TV, or TV box?

Including pubs?

Is only good.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Many feel immigration to the UK started: on 22nd June.   When which ship arrived in the UK?
Q2) Which year was that arrival?
Q3) Many of the immigrants were from which Caribbean ‘J’?
Q4) The ship landed in which UK port?
Q5) Finally … those immigrants who stayed are known as the … what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 21st June is National Aboriginal Day: in which Commonwealth country?
A1) Cananda.
Q2) 21st June, 1982, saw the birth of which member of the Royal Family?
Q3) Which Andrew Lloyd Webber musical debuted on 21st June, 1978?
A3) Evita.
Q4) 21st June, 1944, saw the birth of director, Tony Scott.   Which of his films starred David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve as a pair of vampires?
Q5) Finally … 21st June, 1982, saw John Hinckley found not guilty by reason of insanity: of the attempted assassination of which US president?
A5) President Ronald Reagan.
Here’s a thought …
“It was a brilliant decision and the right decision for me.   I have lived a very happy life – I’m still living a happy life – I’ve raised a wonderful family and Leeds is a great place to be.”
Alford Gardner, one of the original immigrants.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Paris, Olga?   At least there’ll be a few sites around!   At any rate, wish your friends well for me.   It doesn’t sound serious … but does sound concerning … !

†        Feel free, Debbi!   I’ll keep my eyes peeled!   Oh, what’s happening with Dead Ends?

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I hate to say it, but I've set it aside in favor of finishing my new novella and polishing my feature film screenplay. I'd love to get back to it. I think it has possibilities. I also have an idea for a time travel movie. Two, actually. Ack!!! :)

1. HMT Empire Windrush
2. 1948
3. Jamaica
4. Tilbury Dock
5. the Windrush generation

More story ideas than time to write 'em! :)