23rd July, 2026.
OK … Amazon … !
I book a couple of books, recently, from Lulu.com.
A couple of Ogron themed ones, so you know.
These two;
Buy ’em if you like Ogrons!
Ogrons or otherwise, the books, and Lulu, aren’t the problem.
The problem was Lulu’s delivery partner: dear old Amazon.
I will give Amazon credit for getting the books to me on time.
But?
I’m in Flat Two: and get on well with the neighbours in Flat Five.
Keep that in mind, OK … ?
Yesterday, when my nephew was over, I got a text message to tell me my package had been delivered.
So I wondered out to the communal letterboxes: to find mine was empty.
And a package for Number Five on top of the letterboxes.
So … ?
I panicked a little: but checked the Amazon notifications on my phone.
To find the driver had put my package … in Number Five’s letterbox!
Yes: the residents of Number Five where happy to get my delivery out of their letterbox: especially as I took their package up to them.
Yes: I have sent Jeff Bezos a snotty email.
And yes, I have filled out the relevant form on Amazon’s site.
But I have to ask: how are is it, to tell the difference between ‘2’, and ‘5’?
Honestly … !
~≈🛍️≈~
Just as a last thought?
My nephew, Jude, was over, last night: and very helpful … !
Especially as he was making another video … !
On the upside?
I think I surprise him.
He used a piece of music from a rapper called Common … and pleasantly surprised to find out I’d heard of the guy.
Common’s in Silo, after all … !
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) The Rayleigh Bath Chair Murder took place on 23rd July, 1943. The murder took place in which English county: Essex, Kent or Yorkshire?Q2) 23rd July, 1970, saw Qaboos bin Said Al Said become Sultan. Of where: Saudi Arabia, the UAE or Oman?Q3) D. W. Griffith died on 23rd July, 1948. He’d found fame as a what: actor, director or set decorator?Q4) Haile Selassie was born on 23rd July, 1892. He was the last internationally accepted Emperor of where?Q5) Finally … ? Raymond Chandler was born on 23rd July, 1888. His first novel was published in 1939, and called The Big what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 22nd July is the feast day of Mary Magdalene. She’s a patron of whom: leatherworkers, tanners or paper makers?A1) Tanners.Q2) Mary’s assumed to be from Magdala. Magdala was an ancient city in what’s now where: Saudi Arabia, Egypt or Israel?A2) Israel.Q3) Ozzy Osbourne died on 22nd July, 2025. The late Prince of Darkness co-founded which band: Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath or Def Leppard?A3) Black Sabbath.Q4) Public Enemy No. 1 was shot and killed outside a cinema: on 22nd July, 1934. Who was the enemy: Al Capone, John Dillinger or Lucky Luciano?Q5) Finally … ? Bonnie Langford was born on 22nd July, 1964. She played Violet Elizabeth, in which series: Dr Who, Just William or EastEnders?A5) Just William.
Here’s a thought …
“I bent over and took hold of the room with both hands and spun it. When I had it nicely spinning I gave it a full swing and hit myself on the back of the head with the floor.”From “Pearls are a Nuisance”, by Raymond Chandler, July 23, 1888 – March 26, 1959.
And a David Essex Song …
There are 10 question sets on 30th July, 11th August and 26th August: they’re about the Beano, World Steel Pan Day and International Dog Day.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (Violet Elizabeth’s on YouTube, Mum!)
† Very true, Debbi. Oh, there’s a YouTube channel called RobWords you might like.


No comments:
Post a Comment