24th July, 2026: Samaritan Awareness Day.
Right … it’s officially Friday.
But feels like a Saturday.
I know why, though.
I get one set of benefits on the 23rd of each months: yesterday, in other words.
I get another, every fourth Friday.
A couple of weeks away, in other words.
So … ?
I’ve been paid one benefit, but feel as if I’ve been paid the other: and the day I know is a Friday, feels like a Saturday as a result.
Heigh … … … ho … !
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) 24th July is Samaritan Awareness Day. Where: the UK, Israel or the USA?Q2) The date was picked to highlight the group’s ability to do what, 24/7: listen, learn or lie?Q3) The group works with anyone at risk from what: domestic abuse, suicide or murder?Q4) The group can be contacted by phone, or what: web chat, or homing pigeon?Q5) In 2013, the Samaritans issued reporting guidelines for whom: the NHS, the media or the police?Q6) Finally … ? The group gets its name from the Parable of the Good Samaritan. The parable is in which of the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) The Rayleigh Bath Chair Murder took place on 23rd July, 1943. The murder took place in which English county: Essex, Kent or Yorkshire?A1) Essex.Q2) 23rd July, 1970, saw Qaboos bin Said Al Said become Sultan. Of where: Saudi Arabia, the UAE or Oman?A2) Oman.Q3) D. W. Griffith died on 23rd July, 1948. He’d found fame as a what: actor, director or set decorator?A3) Director. (His Birth of a Nation pioneered many early film techniques … but presents African Americans in a seriously unflattering light.)Q4) Haile Selassie was born on 23rd July, 1892. He was the last internationally accepted Emperor of where?A4) Ethiopia.Q5) Finally … ? Raymond Chandler was born on 23rd July, 1888. His first novel was published in 1939, and called The Big what?A5) The Big Sleep.
Here’s a thought …
“Its name derives from the biblical parable of the Good Samaritan, although the organisation itself is not religious.”From the Wikipedia entry on the group.
A video …
And the Samaritan’s phone number: …
116 123.
The next 10 question sets are on 30th July, 11th August and 26th August: they’re about the Beano, World Steel Pan Day and International Dog Day.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum. (Well done: five out of five, yesterday.)
† I thought the quote would catch your eye, Debbi! (I thought it was hysterical!)


No comments:
Post a Comment