Sunday, 4 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4-10-2026 — Lesotho

4th October, 2026: Lesotho.


“Weather we like it or not … ”

It’s an old children’s rhyme, if you didn’t know.
“Whether the weather be cold,
or whether the weather be hot.
Whether the weather, whatever the weather,
whether we like it or not!
That seems very appropriate … on a day when the BBC weather page told me it was misty, when I woke up … 


Only for me to look out of my front door: and find it wasn’t … !


Ho … … HUM … !

~≈🌁≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        4th October is Independence Day in Lesotho.   It marks the country’s independence from where: the UK, France or Germany?

Q2)        4th October is Independence Day in Lesotho.   It marks the country’s independence on 4th October of which year of the 1960s?

Q3)        Lesotho is a country, where: southern Africa, northern Africa or eastern Europe?

Q4)        What’s Lesotho’s capital city: Maseru, Teyateyaneng or Mafeteng?

Q5)        Finally … ?   What’s the country’s currency: the loti, zloty or punt?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Francis of Assisi died on 3rd October, 1226.   The town of Assisi is in which modern country: Spain, Italy or France?
A1)        Italy.

Q2)        He’s the patron saint of whom: refugees, hostages or stowaways?
A2)        Stowaways.

Q3)        He’s the founder of which religious order: the Benedictines, the Franciscans or the Jesuits?
A3)        The Franciscans.   (The best known male order is the Order of Friars Minor.)

Q4)        Which Pope took his name from that of Saint Francis?
A4)        Jorge Mario Bergoglio: better known as Pope Francis.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Francis of Assisi wrote the Canticle of the what: Sun, Moon or Stars?
A5)        Canticle of the Sun.
Here’s Lesotho’s motto …
“Khotso, Pula, Nala”
“Peace, Rain, Prosperity”.
Lesotho’s motto.
And Lesotho’s national anthem …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum … !   (We wanted the name of Pope Francis, Mum, rather than a date.)

†        It’s always the way, Debbi.   We don’t do baseball, you don’t do cricket!
        (I think search engines localise things, partly, to keep the adverts relevant: they won’t show me an ad for ZiZa Kabobs, or show you an ad for Midpoint Café!   This before you get to TV licensing rights … !)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.