Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 6th October 2026.

6th October, 2026.


OK: it’s my second early start of the week.

I was up, early, yesterday: as I usually spend Mondays at my weight management group.

No, I hadn’t lost weight, yesterday: but I hadn’t gained, either, so that’s good.

However: I’m up early, again, today.

Yep: I’m off to Brentwood Hospital, for my usual diabetic blood tests.

Hopefully, the results will mean I can put in for an increased dose of Mounjaro: that’s stuff’s handy … !

~≈🩸≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        6th October, 2022, saw Annie Ernaux being awarded the Nobel Prize.   For what: Chemistry, Literature or Physics?

Q2)        Eileen Derbyshire was born on 6th October, 1931.   She played a long running character in which series: EastEnders, The Archers or Coronation Street?

Q3)        Flora MacNeil was born on 6th October, 1928.   She mostly sang in which British language: Scottish Gaelic, Welsh or English?

Q4)        Singer, Hanni, was born on 6th October, 2004.   Where: Australia, New Zealand or Papua New Guinea?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Gang of Four were arrested on 6th October, 1976.   Their arrest marked the effective end of China’s what: Long March, Cultural Revolution or Tiananmen Incident?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        5th October is Teachers Day.   Where: Panama, Pakistan or Papua New Guinea?
A1)        Pakistan.

Q2)        5th October is Constitution Day.   Where: Fiji, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands or Vanuatu?
A2)        Vanuatu.

Q3)        5th October is the feast day of Saint Faustina Kowalska.   Her major shrine is in which Polish city?
A3)        Kraków.

Q4)        Cult members were found dead at their own hands: on 5th October, 1994.   They were found in which European country: Austria, France or Switzerland?
A4)        Switzerland.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Ray Kroc was born on 5th October, 1902.   He made which restaurant chain successful: KFC, Burger King or McDonald’s?
A5)        McDonald’s.
Here’s a thought …
“At the time, I think I was more thrilled over meeting Douglas Fairbanks.”
Janet Gaynor, October 6, 1906 – September 14, 1984, on receiving the very first Best Actress Oscar.
And a song …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!   (It was Pakistan, Krakow and Switzerland, Mum, rather than Panama, Warsaw and France.)

†        No you’re not, Debbi, you’re … um … well … um … somewhere near Spaghetti Junction …

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.