Tuesday 27 September 2011

BBC News - Dad's Army co-creator David Croft dies aged 89

Blimey …

THAT I didn’t expect!

OK, I maybe should have EXPECTED to hear about the death of someone of comedy writer, David Croft’s age, 89.

But it’s still …

Well …

Unexpected, to say the least.

Especially given that he co-wrote some of the best remembered Britain’s ever seen.

I don’t know about you … ?

But I grew up watching both Dad’s Army and the downright politically incorrect It Ain’t Half Hot Mum*: both of which were VERY funny.

I’m thinking that the best way of commemorating his passing … ?

Well …

Is to leave you with these …







* Seriously, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum is hysterical: but much like Til Death Do Us Part and its US equivalent, All In the Family, you REALLY couldn’t get away with them, today … !

No comments: