Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Daily Teaser — 28-1-2014

I have to say, I’ve got a little something I’m working on.

Well … in between jobhunting, writing teasers and trying to get some exercise.

I’m doing a little … article … ?   Yeah, article: on how I can turn stuff my TV records into stuff that’s usable on an iPod.

Which I’m going to have to work on, I think: just to make it as readable as possible!

The reason I say that … ?   Is because I’d like to post it here: and obviously, I’d like to post it here, at some point.

I’d like it to be useful, obviously … 

Hmm … Let’s move on, shall we?   The day’s a’moving … 

~≈†≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: along with telling us about Vertigo, she also scored four out of five†.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video

Q1) 28th January, 1754, saw Horace Walpole coin the word, ‘serendipity,’ in a letter to Horace Mann.   The word refers to a happy … what … ?
Q2) 28th January, 1521, saw the start of the Diet of Worms: in which European country … ?
Q3) That Diet produced the Edict Of Worms: which forbade people from ‘receiving, defending, sustaining, or favouring’ which religious figure: Pope Leo 10th, Martin Luther or the (then) Archbishop of Canterbury?
Q4) 28th January, 1958, saw the patenting of the Lego brick.   Which European country is Lego from … ?
Q5) Finally … 28th January, 1958, saw the last broadcast of which comedy show … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 27th January, 2010, saw Porfirio Lobo Sosa become president of which Central American country … ?
A1) Honduras.
Q2) 27th January, 1945, saw the concentration camps at Auschwitz liberated: by which country’s armed forces … ?
Q3) 27th January, 1973, saw the formal end of the Vietnam War: with the signing of Peace Accords in which European city … ?
A3) Paris.
Q4) 27th January, 2006, saw Western Union discontinue what: telegraphs, telegrams or its telephone services … ?
A4) Telegrams.
Q5) Finally … 27th January, 1933, saw the birth of Egyptian businessman, Mohamed Al-Fayed.   Which noted London department store is he the owner of … ?
A5) Harrods.
I’ll leave you with this thought from Elijah Wood …
“I won’t change and my perspective won’t change. I want to continue my life the way I live it, and I’m not going to let anything stop me from doing that. It isn’t all about acting. There’s a lot more to life than Hollywood.”
Elijah Wood, born 28th January, 1981.
And this tune … 


Have a good day … !











*        I think a friend of mine has a copy, Debbi: I may have to borrow it.

†        Yeah, sorry about that, Debbi: I was after the country, rather than the army, in question 2.

3 comments:

Debbi said...

Ah, well. No big deal. :)

1. coincidence
2. Germany
3. Martin Luther
4. Denmark
5. The Goon Show

trev-v said...

As I told you yesterday your q5 is in the wrong tense. He sold Harrods a few years ago.


2010: Qatar Holdings become the new owners of Harrods, after Fayed announces he has sold the shop. It had been reported that Qatar Holdings paid £1.5 billion for the Knightsbridge store, in a deal signed in the early hours of 8 May 2010.[9]

Nik Nak said...

Cheers, Trevor: sorry, I DID mean to let you know I’d corrected the question in my files, but got caught up with something … !