Saturday 3 September 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3-9-2016: We’re Shopping

Right … 

Remember, yesterday, I was fuming about my (lack of) hours, at work?

Thankfully?

I’ve got them sorted.   After having a quiet word with my boss.

As you can imagine?

I think a fuming member of staff made an impression.

~≈†≈~

Oh … 

Just as a thought … ?

Is anyone out there good at building robots?   Heavy engineering, Arduino board programming, what have you … ?

Myself, and a friend at work, are thinking it could be fun to … you know … build a robot, and enter it on Robot Wars.

If any one has a skill, pots of cash, and a workshop they want to contribute … ?

They’d be WELCOME … !

~≈†≈~
But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 3rd September saw the founding of which online retailers: Ebay, Amazon or Alibaba?
Q2) In which year?
Q3) The site was originally called what: Action Web, Auction Web or Retail Web?
Q4) The company was founded in which US state?
Q5) Finally … Which country went on sale on the site: in October of 2008?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 2nd August, 1455, saw the birth of John Cicero, Elector of Brandenburg.   As Elector of Brandenburg, he’d’ve elected whom: the Tsar of all the Russias, the Holy Roman Emperor or Kaiser?
Q2) Henry Hudson discovered what we now call Hudson’s Bay: on 2nd September, 1610.   The Bay is on the coast of which country?
A2) Canada.
Q3) Germany began its occupation of where: on 2nd September, 1914?
Q4) Which country was re-admitted to the Commonwealth: on 2nd September, 1989?
A4) Pakistan.
Q5) Finally … 2nd September, 1921, saw the birth of journalist and broadcaster, Alan Whicker.   Which TV series did he present for many years?
.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I’ve purged myself of worldly goods; half my stuff is either being sold or going to charity. I need to go shopping.”
Christy Leigh Stewart.
And this tune … 


Have a good day: and don’t spend too much!





*        Very good point, Debbi!   Actually?   My stomach was playing up, last night: so I spent it in bed, with an online radio station.   And a copy of Le Guin’s The Tombs of Atuan.   The writing is just outright gorgeous … !   

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I'm reading Cryptozoic!, which is intriguing. :)

1. eBay
2. 1995
3. AuctionWeb
4. California
5. Iceland