Sunday 25 February 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 25th February, 2018


25th February, 2018.



Yep … I’m still feeling rough.

To the point where 69p on a bag of really powerful cough sweets helped: and was possibly the only thing that got me through work, yesterday.

I’m also VERY aware of blot spam: or comment spam, as it’s sometimes called.

I’ve had two or three bits of it try and get past the moderation.

I’m just glad I managed to switch the thing on, all those years ago … !

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with todays questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 25th February, 1947, saw the Allied rulers of Germany abolish what: Prussia, the Nazi party or knackwurst?
Q2) 25th February, 1956, saw Nikita Khrushchev give a speech called On the Cult of Personality and Its Consequences.   The speech denounced the cult of personality surrounding whom?
Q3) The first Pan-American Games opened on 25th February, 1951.   In which South American country?
Q4) 25th February, 1873, saw the birth of which noted Italian tenor?
Q5) Finally … 25th February, 1913, saw the birth of actor, Gert Fröbe.   Fröbe play two Ian Flaming villain.   Auric Goldfinger was one.   Who was the other?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The first female MP to make a speech in the House of Commons, did so on 24th February, 1920.   Who was she?
Q2) 24th February, 1413, saw the birth Louis 1st, Duke of Savoy.   The Duchy of Savoy is in what’s now three modern European countries: France, Switzerland and where else?
A2) Italy.
Q3) 24th February, 1955, saw which country hit by a big freeze?
A3) The UK.
Q4) Which country launched its fourth spy satellite: on 24th February, 2007?
A4) Japan.
Q5) Finally … 24th February, 1983, saw the government of the USA condemn the US’s historical internment of whom, during WW2: German Americans, Italian Americans or Japanese Americans?
Here’s a thought …
“Why should a horror film be just a horror film? To me, The Company of Wolves is a fairy tale; it’s got all those elements plus a lot more. And we know that fairy tales aren’t innocent any more.”
Neil Jordan, born 25 February 1950.
And a song … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I know the place is way out in the sticks, Olga: out in Gwynedd.   I — and Debbi, as well, I think — would happily kill to visit the place!   Saying that?   At least two people I know, took their wives, there, on honeymoon … and subsequently had messy divorces … … … (I know what you mean about the wether: I think we’re due a hard cold rain for most of the week.   I THINK I prefer the snow.)

†        Actually, Debbi?   I do know that the Prisoner souvenir shop in Portmeirion?   Will be in a VERY familiar location … (Oh, Masque Of Mandragora, the Tom Baker Dr Who story?   Was filmed there … )


‡        American national treasure, George Takei, was one of those interned.   He also lost an aunty and baby cousin … in Hiroshima … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Prussia
Q2) Joseph Stalin
Q3) Argentina
Q4) Enrico Caruso
Q5) Baron Bomburst (in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)
Yes, I'll check anyway. And I know George Takei wrote (and I think performs) a play or a monologue based on it.

Debbi said...

I didn't know that about the gift shop. Hmmm ...! :)

1. Prussia
2. Stalin
3. Argentina
4. Enrico Caruso
5. Baron Bomburst