Monday 26 February 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th February, 2018.

26th February, 2018.


Hmmm … 

Did anyone else see this piece go past, on the news?

Four people have been in an explosion above a shop: in Hinkley Road in Leicester.

Quite why that explosion happened?

I don’t know.

But, just before watching another episode of Mr Robot, it was something that grabbed my attention.

I can only hope the cause is found, and found quickly.

That might well be the only consolation for the families of those killed.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Violating the Versailles treaty in doing so, 26th February, 1935, saw Adolf Hitler re-form Germany’s what: army, air-force or navy?
Q2) 26th February saw 21 patients die: in a fire in a psychiatric hospital in Shrewsbury.   When: 1967, 1968 or 1969?
Q3) 26th February, 1987, saw the Church of England vote: to approve female priests.   Who was Archbishop of Canterbury at the time?
Q4) 26th February, 1616, saw Galileo Galilei given orders: to stop teaching the Earth moved around the sun.   By whom: the Al-Azhar Mosque, the Roman Catholic Church, or the Dalai Lama?
Q5) Finally … The February 26 Incident was an attempted coup in 1936.   In which country: Germany, Italy or Japan?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 25th February, 1947, saw the Allied rulers of Germany abolish what: Prussia, the Nazi party or knackwurst?
A1) Prussia.
Q2) 25th February, 1956, saw Nikita Khrushchev give a speech called On the Cult of Personality and Its Consequences.   The speech denounced the cult of personality surrounding whom?
Q3) The first Pan-American Games opened on 25th February, 1951.   In which South American country?
A3) Argentina.
Q4) 25th February, 1873, saw the birth of which noted Italian tenor?
Q5) Finally … 25th February, 1913, saw the birth of actor, Gert Fröbe.   Fröbe play two Ian Flaming villain.   Auric Goldfinger was one.   Who was the other?
Here’s a thought …
“The line ‘because you’re mine, I walk the line.’ It kept coming to me, you know?   But I was — I was … young and not been married too long.   Yes, it kept coming to me.   Because you’re mine, I walk the line.   And then the words just naturally flowed.   It was an easy song to write.”
Johnny Cash, February 26, 1932 – September 12, 2003.
And a very appropriate tune … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.





*        That’s right, Olga: Allegiance, I think it’s called.   Hang on … Yes, Allegiance: sounds like an interesting piece.      (Oh, be careful, Olga, we’ve got snow: I’d imagine it’s going to he'd north, soon … !)

†        There’s an online shop, I know that, Debbi … although I don’t know if the pair are run by the same people … (Brentwood’s got snow … I hate snow … !)

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I don't blame you for hating snow! I'm not wild about it, either!

1. air-force
2. 1968
3. Justin Welby
4. the (evil) Roman Catholic Church (please excuse my editorial addition to that answer!)
5. Japan