Thursday 5 July 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5-7-2018: Juno What?

5th July, 2018.


Yes, it IS Thursday, isn’t it … ?

Which mean just one thing.

Yes.

I’m going to be taping Channel four series, Humans, tonight.

!

You’ve probably worked out that I’ve got an AppleTV.   And love it to bits.

I’m ALSO aware that Channel 4 has a good reputation for drama.

That’s certainly true.

My only problem?   Is simply that, while every other major TV channel in the UK has a catch up app available for the AppleTV, Channel 4 doesn’t.

Bit of a flaw, Channel 4.

If you’re reading this … ?

Well … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The Juno space probe arrived at Jupiter.   On 5th July of which year?
Q2) The probe was launched by which space agency … ?
Q3) The probe’s named for Jupiter’s wife.  She was what: a Greek goddess, a Roman goddess or a Sumerian Goddess?
Q4) The visible light camera on Juno was the … what?
Q5) Finally … ?   The Juno craft is powered with what: a nuclear generator, solar panels, or rubber bands?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 4th July is Independence Day in the USA.   The US is the United where of America?
A1) States.
Q2) How many of those where’s make up the USA: 48, 49 or 50?
A2) 50.
Q3) Which of those wheres is the largest … by area?
A3) Alaska.
Q4) Which of those wheres is the largest … by population?
A4) California.   (Alaska is third from the bottom.   It’s got a bigger population than Vermont, and Wyoming.)
Q5) Finally … Uncle Sam is one of the common symbols of the US.   Strictly?   Sam’s supposed to represent what?
A5) The US government.   (Supposedly, he’s named after Sam Wilson: a 19th Century meat packer who supplied the government.)
Here’s a thought …
“During its continued mission, NASA’s Juno spacecraft will maintain its 53-day polar orbit around Jupiter. At its closest, Juno passes within 3,000 miles (5,000 kilometers) of Jupiter’s cloud tops once during each 53-day orbit. At the high end of each orbit, Juno is about 5 million miles (8-million kilometers) from the planet – which is just beyond the orbit of the Jovian moon Themisto.”
From the NASA webpage about the probe.
And some Holst …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Oh, I knew gay conversion was legal, Olga: to me as a southpaw, though, it also seemed mildly daft.   Lord knows what the gay community as a whole think of it.   There’s a few dissenting voices, I know.   Didn’t the UN change the definition relatively recently?   I think it was in the late forties.   Always struck me as stupid: and on a par with calling me and other lefties, disabled … !   At ANY rate … !   Enjoy the ones you can catch up with!   I’m just quietly grateful for iPlayer Radio!

†        Glad to be able to help, there, Debbi!   And the subject’s always a rich one.   It’s also mildly disappointing we don’t have a UK equivalent.  Well … apart from — possibly — Remembrance Day!   I’ll have to bookmark that song.   Ok, the effect?   Was Photo Booth, again.   It’s not perfect, I know, but … … … … (How the HELL I got the audio …out … No, wait, I used HandBrake … !).  As for the calls … ?   I had another one in the afternoon … !   (I had one a couple of weeks ago: one of the old Windows Technical Department scams.   They put the phone down when I say I have a Mac …)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 2016
Q2) NASA
Q3) A Roman goddess
Q4) The JunoCam
Q5) Solar panels

trev-v said...

A1 2016

A2 NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

A3 Roman Goddess

A4 Juno Cam

A5 Solar Panels.

Can you not use "All 4" to catch up on Channel 4 programs. I use it both on my internet connected telly ( certainly not Apple) and on my Windows laptop. I some times watch ancient Time Team programs on it. I have all the catch ups on both my laptop ad my telly.

Debbi said...

Yes, I suppose that would end the conversation quickly! :)

1. 2016
2. NASA
3. a Roman goddess
4. JunoCam
5. solar panels (AND rubber bands AND duct tape ... yeah, I'm kidding!)

Oh, I should tweet you the blog post I have scheduled for tomorrow. A little sketch featuring a certain Mr. Hilter. :) They say steal from the best.