Tuesday 4 February 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4-2-2020: The Codex Sinaiticus

4th February, 2020


I have to admit: this is the first morning — for a while — that I’ve wanted to go back to bed!

Yep: I was up latest, last night.

Frankly?

I was watching another episode of For All Mankind, and the write-up took a little longer than I thought!


Hey HO!

~≈¥≈~

Ha … !

My birthday’s up in a few weeks.

Frankly?

All I want for it is a job: which is proving hard to find, at the moment.

Saying that … ?

I also wouldn’t mind a cheap laptop.

I can put Ubuntu on it, which would give me something to write about, and can at least do my Job hunting at Brentwood Library.

I’d get some exercise, it nothing else … 

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The Codex Sinaiticus was discovered: on 4th February of which year?
Q2) The Codex Sinaiticus was discovered in which country: Egypt, Palestine or Israel?
Q3) The Codex is written in which language: Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew?
Q4) The Codex is written in a type of script called what: black letter, uncial or rustic capitals?
Q5) Finally?   The Codex Sinaiticus is a codex: obviously.   A codex is a type of what: scroll, book or tablet?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The 16th Amendment to the US Constitution was ratified: on 3rd February, 1913.   What did it allow the US Federal government to collect: income tax, sales tax or excise duty?
A1) Income tax.
Q2) The 15th Amendment to the US Constitution was ratified: on 3rd February, 1870.   It allowed all men to vote: regardless of what?
A2) Race/ethnicity.
Q3) Which country’s Communist party was founded at a conference in Hon Kong: on 3rd February, 1930?
Q4) 3rd February, 1970, saw the birth of actor, Warwick Davis.   In which 1988 film. Did he appear with Joanne Whalley and Val Kilmer?
A4) Willow.
Q5) Finally … ?   3rd February, 1904, saw the birth of Charles Arthur ‘Pretty Boy’ Floyd.   Which Dick Tracy villain is said to be based on Floyd?
A5) Flattop.
Here’s a thought …
“The German biblical scholar Konstantin von Tischendorf (1815–74) found several hundred additional leaves, constituting the majority of the present manuscript, at the monastery in 1859.”
From the Encyclopædia Britannica’s article about the Codex.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Blimey … !   There’s a thriller, there, Olga #CatalonianMEP!   I’ll have to add Groundhog Day to my list of Must See Movies: I’ve STILL not seen They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?   Supernatural’s something else I’ll have to catch up on … but are you sure they’ve not been watching South Park?   (I’ll be keeping chugging away: but, lord, jobhunting’s hard work!)

†        I wouldn’t worry, Debbi: it’s quite a good episode.   I’m rather pleased about my reviews: the written and video versions are getting comments!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1859
Q2) Egypt
Q3) Greek
Q4) Uncial
Q5) A book
There's nothing new under the sun, for sure, but the Supernatural episode I'm talking about was quite a few seasons back (I think this is their last season, but it's the 14th so...) I had to check, it was in season 3 and it's called "Mystery Spot". Good luck on the job front, reviews, and everything!

Debbi said...

Awesome! I look forward to reading it.

1. 1859
2. Egypt
3. Greek
4. uncial
5. book