Thursday 12 August 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-8-2021: World Elephant Day

12th August, 2021.


I have to say, I’ve looked out of the front door of Damon House, today.

And yes: it’s warm … and overcast.

I can only hope it doesn’t rain: I’ve got to pick up some medications, today!

I’d hate to get wet.

~≈Á≈~

If you’re not a Star Trek fan?

You’ve possibly never heard of Star Trek Lower Decks.

The animated series started in lock-down.

And it’s second series starts today.

If it’s anything like the first?

It’ll be hysterical.



~≈Á≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡ and Debbi^ and putting in their answers: with all four scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        12th August is World Elephant Day.   How many elephant species are native to Africa: One, two or three?

Q2)        Name one of those species.

Q3)        The Indian — or Asian — elephant has smaller what than the other species: eyes, ears or trunks?

Q4)        Female elephants are cows.   Male elephants are what?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Female elephants are cows.   Young elephants are what: calves, cubs or kittens?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        11th August is the feast day of Saint Philomena.   She’s the patron saint of whom: virgins, sex workers or dancers?
A1)        Virgins.

Q2)        11th August is Mountain Day in Japan.   What’s Japan’s largest mountain: Mount Hotakadake, Mount Kita or Mount Fuji?
A2)        Mount Fuji.

Q3)        Actor Chris Hemsworth, was born: on 11th August, 1983.   In which Australian series did he play Kim Hyde: The Sullivans, Neighbours or Home and Away?
A3)        Home and Away.

Q4)        Steve Wozniak was born on 11th August, 1950.   Woz co-founded Apple, along side Steve Jobs … and who else: Ronald Wayne, Bill Gates or Elon Musk?
A4)        Ronald Wayne.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The last total eclipse of the 20th Century took place: on 11th August of which year?
A5)        1999.
Here’s a thought …
“When you have got an elephant by the hind leg, and he is trying to run away, it’s best to let him run.”
Abraham Lincoln.
And a playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        If Jordi doesn’t like a Dalek voice, Olga, you could always try for Stephen Hawking!   And, yes it’s age, I think.   Which reminds me, my To Be Read List is getting bigger!   (I don’t know what’s getting bigger, faster, it or Jude!   He’s almost my height!)


        Oh, crikey, that IS young, Trevor: you’ve my condolences, however belated!

        Hello, Mum!

^        I wouldn’t worry too much, Debbi, I lost it years ago!   (Frankie Howerd once had an audience member say something similar to him.   He turned around and said “I’d relax and enjoy it!”)

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Two

Q2) The African Bush elephant

Q3) Ears

Q4) Bulls

Q5) Calves
From your description, I'm sure Jude will be quite a tall man. I can't even look at the list of books I've got pending to read, and the problem is that I have agreed to review many of them as well (although I've told everybody that the reviews might take a while coming). Thanks for the tip about the series. I enjoy Star Trek, but I'm not a mad fan, so I miss a lot of what goes on. A laugh is always good, though!

Freda said...

1 Two
2 Bush
3 Ears
4 Bulls
5 Calves

trev-v said...

A1 Two
A2 African bush elephant (Loxodonta africana)
A3 Ears
A4 Bulls
A5 Calves

Your Intro video is on the left not in the centre. Is this to do with left handed day?

Debbi said...

You may as well, right? :)

1. two
2. the African bush elephant
3. ears
4. bulls
5. calves