Tuesday 4 November 2008

Quiz-Quiz, Bang-Bang

Now here’s a crazy thought, for the upcoming fiery celebrations of a bunch of religious conspirators trying to blow up the Houses of Parliament*.   This lot’s the themed table round questions for tonight’s King Harold† gig and Thursday’s gig at the Huttonª.

Try not to be too blatant looking them up in advance, folks.

* Politics, eh?
† 8•30, the King Harold, just opposite Harold Wood Station!
ª 8•30 pm, five minutes walk from Shenfield Station.

Q1) Which Lulu song was banned during the 1991 Gulf War?


Q2) She packed my bags, last night, pre-flight …” is  the first line to which Elton John song?


Q3) Which saint was tortured to death on a wheel?


Q4) Which cosmological theory was once known as the hypothesis of the primeval atom?   The Big Bang Hypothesis.


Q5) The traditional “Remember, remember the 5th of November” rhyme is quoted in which film with Hugo Weaving, and Natalie Portman?   “V for Vendetta





3 comments:

Grub said...

I really think you have to be careful charging people for a quiz and giving opportunities for cheating to those with the advantage of the internet. People tend to find other pub quizzes if they feel cheated. I would, even if you aren't giving away COMPLETE rounds, but I guess you know what you are doing...

Nik Nak said...

Pros and cons, Graham, pros and cons. It is a bit naughty, but will, I hope, serve as some sort of advert. I’ve also made damn sure that all contestants know about it; – in theory, the the amount of public terminals, it gives all a chance to have a look.

And as to putting a complete quiz up, well there’s a method to putting my used quizzes on the blog; – mostly because I know how hard it s for struggling quiz master to actually find halfway decent quizzes, especially themed ones.

Grub said...

Used quizzes are fine, what I'm saying is if I turned up to a quiz for the first time and found out some people had been given a chance to find out one or two answers, I would want my cash back and never go back to that quizmaster again. Maybe I'm too stroppy but I believe in fair play and an even chance.
I just think it could blow up in your face. And when you are trying to establish a quiz it may not be a good idea to take risks.