Friday 28 November 2008

Tonight; – Fit the Second …

Hmmm. Well, that was … quiet.

Only four teams, but I must confess to being reassured to see Pip’s Players* in, tonight.   They did rather for themselves, as well; – 64 points out of a potential 80.   Granted they got beaten by the AKA 47’s, but …

This is them, bless; – from left to right we have Dave, Caroline, Pippa, herself, and Caroline’s partner, Andy.   About the only member not pictured in the shot,  is Mark.

But I digress.

Tonight’s bonus question went unclaimed, which means that next week’s Bonus Question will be worth a minimum of £13•75p.   And let me stress, that’s the minimum it’ll be worth.   Obviously, all those 25p’s add up.

And it was a bit of a stinker; – 

Q. What’s the full name and rank of George McDonald Fraser’s most famous character?
A. Brigadier-General Sir Harry Paget Flashman

Which obviously, no-one got …

By contrast, the teams that took part in both of this week’s quizzes did rather well with the table round.   As you’ve probably realised, I changed Question ten.

In the original King Harold version, of course, it read What’s the Scottish equivalent of a Judge?

Which, as far as I could find out, had “Sheriff” as an answer, although there does seem to be some debate about that.   If some one could let me know whether it’s that, or Procurator Fiscal, I’d be grateful.

Anyway, I’ll leave it there, for now.   I am dog tired, and going to happily post the morning.

See you then!

No comments: