Tuesday 18 November 2008

Tonight, Once More

Well, it’s Tuesday, again, and I’m getting nervous, again.

I’m hoping, as ever, that we get a turn out for the King Harold gig.   Times are hard, and even though numbers there are steady, I’m wishing, hoping, and praying for a good turn-out.

I’m also hoping to be able to bump into Martin the manager, tonight, as well.   Mostly because Aurora’s suggestion about a bonus question, last Thursday, will be useful at a lot of gig’s.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, lets hope it goes well!

Anyway, moving rapidly along, I’v also to thank thank my mate Graham, for contributing tonight’s rather nasty, topical table round.   On the Rugby League World Cup, of all things.   I’ll probably post the answers on Thursday.

Saying that, I might just post that earlier; – this coming Sunday also sees the the 45th anniversary of the first episode of “Doctor Who”.   Which does suggest possibilities …

Q1) Which southern hemisphere nation is hosted this year’s Rugby League World Cup; – Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa?


Q2) The first World Cup (the first of either code, league or union) was held in France in the 50's. But which year?


Q3) Only two nations have ever held the cup. Name either.


Q4) The tournament has never been held at regular intervals. When was the last tournament held; – 2000, 2002, or 2004?


Q5) The next tournament, is to be hosted by Great Britain; – in which year?

No comments: