Friday 4 September 2009

Hmmm … Well …

Hmmm … well …

Quite … !

Exactly what Allison and Kelly were laughing about, I really don’t know.

But I’ve a feeling there’s going to be trouble, I really do!

At any rate, I’m thinking this will be a quickish post, before I go to bed, tonight, but you never know.

I do know I’ve been intent on mentioning that’s there’s still something of a fuss about the parking.

Not necessarily as big as it’s been, but none the less, still an ongoing situation.

Mostly because whilst Rollason Way, itself, is (near enough) finished, the rest of the development isn’t. The pictured waste ground, just at the top of Saint James Road.

And, from what I’ve been able to pick up, has had quite a few changes of use, filed to the various planning applications. From what I understood of it, from when I moved in, it was planned to be offices, of some description.

Then more flats.

Then more offices.

Then flats, shops, offices, a donkey sanctuary … you get the picture.

Very mixed up, seemingly … !

And, while I’m still not sure what’s to be put there, it seems there’s not been enough provision made for parking.

Or, at least, the plan’s haven’t been altered enough to increase it relative to the size.

Not such an issue, now that the parking permit scheme has finally gone into operation, but before those kicked in, something of a worry.

And I’m just wondering how Saint James Road’s going to look, once whatever the building site turns into whatever it’s going to be.

I can’t help but think it’ll look like a traffic jam …

•••••

Oh, just as one final point, I did manage to grab a quick photo of Rob, at the bottom, there.

Bless, he’s been the regular who’s been able to help out quite a bit with the vintage iMac; mostly as he had a spare copy of the Mac OS 9.2.2 install disc, sitting around.

•••••

Phew!

No comments: