Friday 11 September 2009

Yayness, on the one hand, AAARRGGHH on the Other …

No, I mean it, it’s been one of those … mixed … days, today.

It really has!

I’ll be frank, the reason local charity, The Lighthouse Project, gets a mention, is because that’s where I’ve just had to buy a new fridge freezer, in a hurry.

They’re not cheap.

But they are cheaper than Argos, who were wanting silly money for an equivalent fridge!

Here’s hoping they deliver as promised, before I go to work, at Ten, tomorrow.

But, well …

There goes the overtime … !

•••••

And the morning, seemingly, started so well.

As you‘ve probably guessed, by now, I’m one of the many people who think that computer scientist, Alan Turing, was rather badly let down, after the war.

Let’s face it, the guy was a war hero. If it wasn’t for the work he pioneered, and others took up, we’d’ve not won World War Two.

So finding out, this morning, that Prime Minister Gordon Brown has issued an ‘unreserved apology’ for Turing’s Indecency charges is a bit of good news, for those of us who’ve long felt it to be a bad way to deal with a war hero.

I think some sort of medal’s in order …


No comments: