Monday 12 July 2010

Panic Button, Red Alert, There’s A Welsh Opera Singer From Somewhere Else …

You know, I’ve got to admit, I’ve been itching to post something since …

Since …

Well …

Since this morning, to be frank.

But to be perfectly frank, I’ve had something of a god’s-awful-day, today!

It’s a long story, trust me!

But there was a couple of thing’s I happened to notice, this morning.

Well, one thing.

Well one thing that I saw on the news, things morning … !

If you follow me … ?

I’m assuming you have and that I’m making sense?

At any rate, one thing that I happened to see — several times, actually — on the BBC news channel, this morning, was the news that Facebook had finally decided that, yes, they would at least make a nod towards the calls for a CEOP ‘Panic button’, by installing an application that would take you through to the CEOP site.

Which could be good … !

At least, if it helps keep kids safer online*.

‹‹‹~›››

Something else I happened to notice, whilst I was floating around, was a news item in the BBC Wale section: basically, it looks like Mr Moffat and Co. have decided to announce their guest stars.

Welsh opera diva, Katherine Jenkins, and Harry Potter star and acting heavyweight, Michæl Gambon.

Given that this is going to be Amy and Rory’s honeymoon, this could be a little bit odder than the “three’s a crowd” a certain someone else had to put up with.

‹‹‹~›››

One last thing … !

Now, it’s been a while since I’ve mentioned Alan Turing.

And I’ll still happily admit that I, along with many others, still feel that the British Government are to be held up as international disgraces for not giving Dr Turing a medal, however posthumously.

Which is probably a whole other post.

Several, in fact.

One or two of which I know I’ve done, already, but that’s another story.

At any rate, I was just having a dig around on YouTube, and found a clip from a play that had originally been on BBC 2, many years ago, about Dr Turing.

With know less a light than Derek Jacobi as Turing himself.

Give this a watch, it’s an amazing thing to see.


‹‹‹Ω›››






* Although I can’t help but notice that the CEOP browser toolkit doesn’t include a version for Safari. Which makes both CEOP and Apple look bad, to my mind.

No comments: