Saturday 17 July 2010

The Daily Teaser …

You know, I’ve got to admit, I’m going to start this post by saying just one thing.

Just one.

GGGAAAAAAAHHHH … !

Because I’ve GOT to admit, I manage to shoot myself in the foot, yesterday, by putting up the answers, before I should’ve done.

See why I started the way I did … ?

Excuse, me, I’m going to say it, again, just get things off me chest …

GGGAAAAAAAHHHH … !

Right, now that’s off me chest, I’ve got to thank Trevor for spotting that! And, admittedly, I took the answers down, to see if I couldn’t drum up some interest.

But there we go …

At any rate, let’s get moving on, before I curl up in even more embarrassment, shall we … ?

Here’s today’s questions, minus the answers, but with the ‘How To’ and License

17th July 2010 Teaser.

Q1) 17th July, 1203 saw armies of the Fourth Crusade capture which city?

Q2) 17th July, 2000, saw which British supermarket revive Imperial measurements … ?

Q3) 17th July, 1999, saw which animated series premiere on Nickelodeon … ?

Q4) 17th July, 1997, saw the closure of which US retail chain … ?

Q5) And finally … 17th July, 1975, saw the birth of which Italian celebrity chef … ?

And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … again … !

Q1) 16th July, 622, saw the start of the Islamic Calendar: the first year makes which major Islamic event … ?
A1) The Prophet Mohammed’s emigration from Mecca to Medina. (Referred to as the Hijra)

Q2) 16th July, 1993, saw MI5 — The British Security Service — hold its very first … what?
A2) Believe it or not, photocall.

Q3) 16th July, 1661, saw Europe’s first banknotes issued: in which country?
A3) Sweden.

Q4) 16th July, 1790, saw the foundation of what’s now Washington, DC: name either of the US states that border it.
A4) Virginia and Maryland.

Q5) And finally … 16th July, 1955, saw the first British Grand Prix won by which driver … ?
A5) Stirling Moss.

Enjoy those, everyone.

I’ll catch you later.

Once I’ve had a sit-down … !!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q1 Constantinople (now Istanbul)
Q2 Tesco
Q3 Spongebob Squarepants
Q4 The F. W. Woolworth Company
Q5 Gennaro "Gino" D'Acampo (born 1976 on 1 page and 1975 on another page ??????????)

Trevor
“Unemployment is of vital importance, particularly to the unemployed”

“I have no interest in sailing around the world. Not that there is any lack of requests for me to do so.”

“We are the trade union for pensioners and children, the trade union for the disabled and the sick... the trade union for the nation as a whole.”

“We may be a small island, but we are not a small people.”

“A diplomat is a man who thinks twice before he says nothing.”

Quotes by Edward Heath died July 17 2005

Kaiju said...

1. Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine Empire
2. Tesco
3. SpongeBob SquarePants
4. F. W. Woolworth Company
5. Gino D'Acampo