One that makes for fascinating watching, whenever it gets shown.
Lets get get moving on, shall we … ?
Yes, lets …
»»•««
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor putting in his answers: along with bagging 5 out of 5, it also saw him putting in some quotes from movie producer, Sam Goldwyn.
Lets see how he — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1)1st February, 1327, saw Edward 3rd crowned as King of England: who — for the next four years — was regent … ?
Q2)1st February, 1954, saw the prototype Wankel engine given a test run: is the Wankel engine an internal combustion engine, an early model of computer, or a type of jet engine … ?
Q3)1st February, 2009, saw Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir — pardon my pronunciation — elected as the first gay PM of anywhere: and more to the point, the first female PM … of where … ?
Q4)1st February, 1996, saw the US Congress pass the Communications Decency Act: this was the US government’s first attempt’s to regulate what on the ‘Net … ?
Q5)And finally … 1st February, 1884, saw the birth of Russian writer, Yevgeny Zamyatin: which of his novels did George Orwell admit was a source of inspiration for 1984?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1)31st January, 1797, saw the birth of which Austrian composer … ?
A1)Franz Peter Schubert.
Q2)31st January, 1930, saw 3M begin marketing Scotch Tape: the tartan 3M use on it is a variation of which clan Tartan: Wallace, Stuart or Lindsey … ?
Q2)Wallace.
Q3)31st January, 1929, saw the exile of Leon Trotsky from the Soviet Union: which band gave Trotsky a mention, in the song, No More Heroes … ?
A3)The Stranglers.
Q4)31st January, 1942, saw the birth of art-house film-maker, Derek Jarman: which 1987 Pet Shop Boys No. 1 did he direct the video for … ?
A4)It’s A Sin.
Q5)And finally … 31st January, 1983, saw British drivers — and front-seat passengers — legally required to do what for the first time … ?
Q1 Queen Isabella & Roger de Mortimer, 3rd Baron Mortimer, 1st Earl of March Q2 internal combustion engine Q3 Iceland Q4 Indecency (when available to children) & Obscenity Q5 the novel “We”
Trevor
"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."
"Invention, it must be humbly admitted, does not consist in creating out of void but out of chaos."
" My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free.”
"We are fashioned creatures, but half made up. - Victor Frankenstein"
"Man," I cried, "how ignorant art thou in thy pride of wisdom!"
"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!"”
"Accursed creator! Why did you form a monster so hideous that even you turned from me in disgust?"
Quotes by Mary Shelley (English Author) died 1st February 1851.
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1 Queen Isabella & Roger de Mortimer, 3rd Baron Mortimer, 1st Earl of March
ReplyDeleteQ2 internal combustion engine
Q3 Iceland
Q4 Indecency (when available to children) & Obscenity
Q5 the novel “We”
Trevor
"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."
"Invention, it must be humbly admitted, does not consist in creating out of void but out of chaos."
" My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free.”
"We are fashioned creatures, but half made up. - Victor Frankenstein"
"Man," I cried, "how ignorant art thou in thy pride of wisdom!"
"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!"”
"Accursed creator! Why did you form a monster so hideous that even you turned from me in disgust?"
Quotes by Mary Shelley (English Author) died 1st February 1851.