You know, I’ve got to admit, I’ve got a documentary on, at the moment.
One I’d taped, a couple of nights ago, from BBC 4, along about the double-agent code-named Garbo.
And one who’d managed to seriously convinced the German High Command that D-Day — when it came — would come at Pas de Calais.
Rather than Normandy …
Makes you think, doesn’t it … ?
|»»•««|
Lets move on, shall we … ?
Yes, lets … !
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with feeling pleased her new book is now an official Best Seller — and available here in the UK — she also managed to bag 5 out of 5.
Let me know when the UK paperback edition comes out, Debbi: I think I’m going to have to see if the library’s got a copy, now! Just to keep up … !
Lets she how she — and you — managed with today’s questions, shall we … ? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video …
Q1)23rd February, 632 Ad, saw the Prophet’s Last Sermon to the Muslim faithful: what’s the Arabic term for this sermon … ?
Q2)23rd February, 1947, saw the founding of the International Organization for Standardization: what’s the usual acronym for that body … ?
Q3)23rd February, 1981, saw the start of an attempted coup in Spain: triggered by an armed takeover attempt of which government building … ?
Q4)More to the point, who famously helped quash this attempt, with a overnight TV appeal … ?
Q5)And finally … 23rd February, 1846, saw which theologian join the Roman Catholic Church … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1)22nd February, 1955, saw Maureen Connolly retire: from which sport … ?
A1)Tennis.
Q2)More to the point, what was her nickname … ?
Q2)‘Little Mo’.
Q3)22nd February, 1979, saw which Caribbean island achieve independence from the UK … ?
A3)Saint Lucia.
Q4)22nd February, 1950, saw the birth of actress, Julie Walters: in which film did she play Liverpudlian hairdresser, Susan White … ?
A4)Educating Rita.
Q5)Three years later, 22nd February, 1953, saw the birth of actor, Nigel Planer: which member of The Young Ones did he play … ?
I poked my head up from doing a dozen income tax returns to see the photo of Jude. Gee Goodness he is a cutie! He looks like the Gerber Baby!
Anyways...here are my responses, one of which is a shear guess...
1. Khutbatul Wada’ 2. ISO 3. 23-F, led by El Tejerazo (Antonio Tejero)...bursting into the Spanish Congress of Deputies by a group of 200 armed officers of the Guardia Civil during the process of electing Leopoldo Calvo Sotelo to be the country's new Prime Minister. 4. King Juan Carlos I 5. Saint Thomas Aquinas
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
I poked my head up from doing a dozen income tax returns to see the photo of Jude. Gee Goodness he is a cutie! He looks like the Gerber Baby!
ReplyDeleteAnyways...here are my responses, one of which is a shear guess...
1. Khutbatul Wada’
2. ISO
3. 23-F, led by El Tejerazo (Antonio Tejero)...bursting into the Spanish Congress of Deputies by a group of 200 armed officers of the Guardia Civil during the process of electing Leopoldo Calvo Sotelo to be the country's new Prime Minister.
4. King Juan Carlos I
5. Saint Thomas Aquinas
He is that, yeah … !
ReplyDeleteOh and Q3 … ?
Was quite a guess … …
1. Khutbah
ReplyDelete2. ISO
3. The parliamentary chamber building
4. King Juan Carlos
5. John Henry Newman, aka, Cardinal Newman
Great cartoon, BTW! A classic. :)
I'll let you know when my latest book is available in print in the UK. My bad that it isn't now. Long story. :(
However, my first novel Identity Crisis is available in paperback. OK. Commercial over. :)
Blimey, had to look that up, Kaiju: but yeaah, point taken: I don’t think he’s reached the Pears Soap stage, though …
ReplyDeleteAnd quit worrying, Debbi … !
I’m nothing if not a shameless self promoter: just with nowt to sell except opinion and Teasers … !