Tuesday, 15 February 2011

The Daily Teaser …

You know, I think — think — I owe everyone an apology for not double-checking me sources, yesterday.

I actually managed to get a word wrong, because I’d not double-checked yesterday’s second question.

Where do I put my face?

Apart from anywhere near that eproctphilia question … !

Actually, Kaiju, don’t even ask: some of the assorted fetishes I have heard of … ?

Are weirder …

Lets get moving on shall we … ?

Yeah …

Ummm …

|»»•««|

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Kaiju and Debbi putting in their St Valentine’s Day answers: with both scoring 10 out of 10, it also saw Kaiju pointing out I’d put Aporathanidosis instead of Rhaphanidosis.

Lets see how they — and you — do with today’s questions: here they are, along with the ‘How To’, license and video

Q1) 15th February, 2005, saw the first full day of operation of YouTube: what was the name of the first video hosted on it … ?

Q2) A referendum on 15th February, 1976, saw Cuba officially adopt what … ?

Q3) 15th February, 1989, saw Soviet troops pull out of which country … ?

Q4) 15th February, 1972, saw sound recordings in the US offered what for the first time … ?

Q5) And finally … 15th February, 1996, saw the official UK report into what published … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Saint Valentine is — apparently — buried on the Via Flaminia: the Via Flaminia goes from Rome to what is now which Italian city … ?
A1) Rimini.

Q2) Rhaphanidosis was an Ancient Greek punishment for Adultery and consisted of putting a vegetable where it certainly wouldn’t photosynthesize: which vegetable … ?
Q2) A radish.

Q3) Which romantic publisher’s saw it’s 100th anniversary, in 2008?
A3) Mills and Boon.

Q4) What tree does a date grow on?
A4) The palm tree.

Q5) If you’re a philodox, you’re in love with … what?
A5) Your own opinion.

Q6) If you’re an Eproctphiliac, it mean’s you get aroused … by what … ?
A6) Farting … (That’s not the worst, trust me: I still don’t believe there’s such a thing as Necrodendrophilia … )

Q7) 14th February is also the second day of which ancient Roman fertility holiday … ?
A7) Lupercalia.

Q8) Moving on, 14th February, 1859 saw which state admitted as the 33rd state of the USA … ?
A8) Oregon.

Q9) 14th February, 1956, saw the start of the 20th Congress of the Communist Party of the USSR: saw saw a secret speech by Nikita Khrushchev, denouncing who … ?
A9) Joseph Stalin.

Q10) And finally … 14th February, 1778, saw the baptism, and earliest records of musician Fernando Sor: which instrument did he help popularize … ?
A10) The classical guitar.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later … !


3 comments:

  1. Uh...Paul... Didn'ttor know you were answering the Teasers, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What … ?

    POO!

    Councillor Chilvers is going to be LAUGHING at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you two going on about? lol

    (Yes, my feeble attempt at British slang. Hope I got it right. :))

    1. Me at the Zoo
    2. Constitution
    3. Afghanistan
    4. federal copyright protection
    5. the report on the sale of arms to Iraq in the 1980s

    BTW, I think necrophilia would be MUCH more disturbing than any of the fetishes you've named. I mean ... *shudder* ... yuck!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.