Sunday, 6 February 2011

The Daily Teaser …

Hmmm …

You know, I’ve got Yesterday on at the moment. Complete with a documentary about the childhood of none other than Queen Victoria.

I might just turn over, in a bit: saying that, I’m blowed if I can remember exactly what the show I taped last night was about.

Which is good.

It means turning the thing on is a voyage of discovery all of itself … !

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets

|»»•««|

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: and, along with bagging 5 out of 5, she also managed to highlight this article about GM tomatoes.

Lets see how she — and you — do with today’s questions: here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 6th February, 1819, saw Sir Stamford Raffles found Singapore: is the modern city-state a republic, monarchy or theocracy … ?

Q2) 6th February, 2001, saw who elected as PM of Israel … ?

Q3) More to the point, what was the name of the party he lead?

Q4) 6th February, 1820, saw freed Afro-American slaves — sponsored by a group called the American Colonization Society — start a small settlement in what’s now which African nation … ?

Q5) 6th February, 1838, saw the birth of English actor, John Henry Brodribb: how was he better known … ?

Q6) That actor, during his peak, co-owned the Lyceum Theatre in London: which famous Irish author managed the Lyceum, during this time … ?

Q7) And finally … 6th February, 1998, saw the death of Carl Wilson: with which US band did he come to prominence … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 5th February, 1996, saw tomato purée made from genetically modified tomatoes become the first food made from GM ingredients go on sale: name either of the two supermarkets that stocked it …
A1) Sainsburys and Safeway.

Q2) February 5th, 1944, saw the birth of musician, Al Kooper: in addition to being a member of Bob Dylan’s studio band, and for being a founder member of Blood, Sweat and Tears: which children’s TV show did he provide music for … ?
Q2) The Banana Splits Adventure Hour. (If he did this song, though, he should be applauded as a bloody musical genius …! )

Q3) 5th February, 1998, saw the birth of Sreelakshmi Suresh, one of the youngest what on Earth … ?
A3) Website designer’s.

Q4) 5th February, 1900, saw Britain and the USA sign a treaty about which waterway?
A4) The Panama Canal.

Q5) And finally … 5th February, 1958, saw the US Air Force lose what: a plane, a hydrogen bomb or several thousand tons of paperwork … ?
A5) A hydrogen bomb.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later …


1 comment:

  1. 1. A republic

    2. Ariel Sharon

    3. Likud

    4. Liberia

    5. Sir Henry Irving

    6. Bram Stoker

    7. The Beach Boys

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.