Wednesday 2 March 2011

Hold The Front Page: That’s A Shot of ME … !

Right, it’s OFFICIAL … !

I want my hair done, NOW.

And if I don’t get make-up, moisturiser, and rosepetals strewn over my living room floor by half a dozen Anna Kournakova clones, I’ll be unhappy!

»»»•«««

Ahem … !

Honestly, you’d think, by the way I was going on, I’d made the front page of the Brentwood Gazette, or something.


… …

… … …

Actually, now I mention it …

Movie Night Adrian and Kevin D* have a point, I’m a media tart who loves the attention.

At any rate, I’ve got to admit I had Gazette journalist, Piers Meyler get in touch with me, a few days ago.

Firstly … ?

That they were planing an article or two to poke mild fun at TV show, The Only Way Is Essexº: mostly because they felt the show really isn’t representative of people in Brentwood.

And that they were planning a pastiche version of the show’s banner shot with regular Essex folks in place of the shows … um …

Cast … ?

Inmates … ?

Inhabitants … ?

Yeah …

The stars, in other words, although I’m thinking that ‘denizens’ is possibly a good word, given they all drink in the Sugar Hut.

And that secondly … ? They’d need a few … volunteers … to do the shoot.

Yeah …

Actually, that Sunday was good: I got to met Richard, Sarah, Lin, Jo and Tracey, and have a bit of fun getting ordered around by a photographer.

Quite what’ll happen, next, though, I don’t know.

I do know I mugged by a passing librarian for me autograph!

And that Piers, bless him, misquoted me: I didn’t exactly say ‘wear’ Macintoshes … !

»»•««

Right, now just as a final thought, I’d usually try and leave you with a clip of a TV show I’ve mentioned.

Usually.

But I’ve just gone and looked up The Only Way Is Essex on YouTube.

I’ll be honest.

I’m thinking “Nah”.

Just “Nah”.

Watching someone glue spangly bits to someone else’s groin … ?

Yeah …

Just “Nah” …





* Actually, scrub that, it’s just Kevin has a point: Adrian had his photo taken by a passing journalist years ago and seems to be developing a taste for it. Pot, kettle … ?

º Me Mum, bless her, caught about 4 seconds of it. She described it as “Hair, teeth and tans” … And turned over.

No comments: