Sunday 13 March 2011

Night Watch and Wikileaks: Blood, Black Magic and an ongoing new-media story …

You know, it’s not that often I do a double posting.

After all, I generally stick some good advice I once received.

In other words, stick to one subject, per post: it’s makes that post a lot easier to find by search engines.

Well …

That …

And adding relevant tags …

And back-links, front links, what-have-you …

But the one about one subject per post is the main one I had in mind: mostly because I try not to break it, these days …

First off … ?

I’ve got to admit, I saw a couple of articles about WikiLeaks float past.

Firstly … ?

Well, the first one concerns a piece I noticed a couple of days ago, and have been meaning to show you: this one.

Seems that three of WikiLeaks’ supporters on Twitter now will have their details examined in serious detail by a US Court.

The other piece … ?

Is that Bradley Manning, the US marine accused of passing the recent batch of government documents to WikiLeaks has had comments made: by P. J. Crowley, a US State Department spokesman, no less, who’s described Manning’s arrest and confinement as is ridiculous and counterproductive and stupid.”. “None the less Bradley Manning is in the right place”.

Which sounds, frankly, contradictory …

Almost as bad as WikiLeak’s treatment of Private Manning …


»»•««

Let’s move on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets …

Now, I’ve got to admit, I have left this a little late, but I’m also very aware that Kevin D, Movie Night Adrian and I were all at my place, last night.

And watching something of an old friend.

Well …

Me and Kevin, at any rate, any way.

The film in question … ?

Was one I know I’ve watched, before, the 2004 Russian film, Ночной дозор: Nochnoy Dozor, or Night Watch if you’d like it in English.

Now, I’ve written about Night Watch, before now.

So I’ll point you at the my previous post about it, and its sequel, Day Watch: I think they’re good reading.

But I also know the one thing I can add to those, here and now.

Is that Movie Night Adrian, Kevin D and I all agreed on this …

Adrian: Keeper ★★★☆
Paul: Keeper ★★★☆
Kevin: Keeper ★★★☆

No comments: