Monday 21 May 2012

Alzheimer’s Awareness Week

I have to make a quick confession, here.

And something of an appeal, as well, before I head out.

I’m something of a Terry Pratchett fan, as you’re probably aware.

And also had a much loved grandmother who was deeply affected by dementia/Alzheimer’s.

So, listening to Radio 4, this morning, and finding out it’s Dementia Awareness Week in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, this week, grabbed my attention.

At least, grabbed it enough to prompt me to tell you about it.

AND to let you know that the Alzheimer’s Society is having something of a fund raiser about it.

AND that they’ve issued  a whole pile of video’s on YouTube.

Just so you know, you can make a UK donation, here.

AND you can also watch the video’s through the embedded video, below.

Please give donating a thought.

Going by the statistics Radio 4 handed out?

40% of us will have a relative affected by it at some point.


No comments: