You know, I've got to admit that every-so-often, it's nice to have a change of operating system.
Just very occasionally, I should add.
Which is why I thought I should tell you about the film I managed to catch, last, on the family desktop, that's running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin.
Which is why I thought I should tell you about the film I managed to catch, last, on the family desktop, that's running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin.
I wouldn't get too excited, though: it's going back home on Sunday!
At any rate ... ?
At any rate, let's get moving on, shall we ... ?
~~~
And let me tell you that I had something of the night to myself.
But I did have the company of a certain Mr Charles Bronson.
Or, at least, the movie about him.
And BEFORE I confuse my overseas readers, I'm talking, here about the 2009 Nicholas Winding Refn directed movie, Bronson: all about Charles Bronson, the man described as Britain's most violent prisoner.
Bronson sees Tom Hardy - who I'd last seen in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - as the film's (real-world) central character, Micheal Peterson: a man who changes his name to that of the movie star to follow a career in bare-knuckle boxing.
Only to have this interrupted, when, after robbing a post-office of just over £26, being sentenced to 7 years in prison.
Ending up serving quite a bit longer, as a result of being - as he, himself puts it -
somebody nobody want's to f*ck with.
~~~
Now ...
Am I going to tell you this is a good film ... ?
You BET I am.
While I can't tell you if Hardy's portrayal of Bronson is in any way true to life, I AM certain his performance as the main character is one of the most riveting thing I've seen on a DVD in years.
On top of that ... ?
On top of that, there's ALSO the fact that Refn's direction and framing of shots - as with the other film of his I've seen, Valhalla Rising - is absolutely amazing.
The combination of the two make Bronson a violent, but worthwhile watch.
Enjoy it, when you get it ... !
Bronson
★★★★


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.