Saturday, 18 May 2013

Dr Who — Series 7 Part 2: The Name Of The Doctor


*Spoilers*

Oh, well, THERE’S a thing … !

I have to admit, I’m like a lot of people I’ve met, over the years: I like backing up DVDs.

What’s more, I like having a way of getting those DVDs.

And, while I’ve got tonight’s episode of Dr Who gently ripping to my hard-drive … ?   I thought I should let you know that the latest version of HandBrake.

At ANY rate … ?

At ANY rate, that’s not quite what I was going to tell you about.

No … 

I was going to tell you about … … 


~≈†≈~

Just in case you hadn’t been sent one of the accidentally early release DVDs of the complete series 7  … ?

The Name Of The Doctor is the finale to Series 7 of the rebooted Dr Who: it sees Clara being contacted — in a telepathic conference call — by Madame Vastra, who’s also brought Jenny, Strax … 

And River Song, herself, to the do.

Seemingly, the Doctor’s greatest secret is under threat: and that his greatest secret is at the one place a time-traveller should never go.

His own tomb … 

At Trenzalore … 

And unfortunately?  The Doctor soon realises that’s the one place he has to go: in order to the Paternoster Row gang: it’s the only right and proper thing to do, as they’ve cared so well for him.

Of course they get rescued.

And of course, the Doctor’s under threat.   His tomb, a slowly sickening TARDIS, contains his entire timeline as a scar on the fabric of space time.

A scar that only one woman can enter in order to repeatedly rescue him.


~≈‡≈~

Now … 

Did I thoroughly enjoy this episode … ?

I think I can safely say “Yes”.   Now I now Steven Moffat’s had his critics, whilst in post as the shows head, over the years: although I personally feel he’s been given an unnecessarily hard time with it.

With The Name Of The Doctor, though … ?

I feel that whatever you may say about him, he’s turned in a fantastic series seven conclusion: and while he may not have suppled EVERY answers … ?

He HAS managed to give us a BARNSTORMING cliff-hanging … !

Enjoy the six month wait, folks … !




2 comments:

  1. I have to say I enjoyed the episode, thoroughly, and I'm looking forward to what's coming up! :)

    I do enjoy any episode with River, I must confess!

    Not to mention that warrior fellow, who's egg-shaped and whose name has slipped my mind. My brain is like a sieve! :-O

    I hope you'll check out my blog tomorrow or today. Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn’t worry, Debbi, you should see mine, sometimes … !

    And, yes, I know who you mean: Strax!!

    He bags some of the best lines … !

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.