Monday 15 July 2013

Forms And Printers.

It has to be said.

Really.

That, in amongst Brentwood Library's shiny new bits of fabbo - yeah, sure - kit, they's something they've not had updated.

Their new computers are far more usable than the old Dells they did have: even if they're not running the most recent version of Windozes or Ubuntu.

The problem they have ... ?

Is that Essex County Council's IT department hasn't - yet - managed to update Brentwood Library's printers: or, at least, their printer drivers.

It's not THAT inconvenient.

I could, after all, get the relevant form from Brentwood Job Centre.

It IS, though, a bit of a pain.

Especially as - from the little I know - Brentwood Library's the only place in town many of us can get any sort of printing done, at a (halfway) reasonable cost.

2 comments:

Pink Fluffy Medievalist said...

I got fed up with expensive cartridges drying out, so I don't use the printer. Are the new computers not compatible with the printers?
I know it's out of your way, but have you tried printing at Brentwood Community Print, The Keys? I don't know what the print costs, but I get photocopying done there (it's conveniently near me, of course)

Nik Nak said...

Well, I would … 

Except that, a) you’re right, it is out of the way, for me/

And b) frankly, Copyright, even though it’s moved, is still nearer