Sunday 19 July 2015

The Daily Teaser — 19-7-2015

Oy veh … !

I’m … up … 

And feeling like I want to go back to bed: ASAP … !

Frankly, last night … ?   Was a late one.

I managed to get finished at 11, after putting in an extra half hour: helping clean out the main restaurant.

All nice: especially as it bagged me an extra half hour’s pay.   Not something I want to sneeze at.

Money’s always tight, so any extra helps.

At any, rate … ?   That’s left me feeling lovely, this morning.   Lovely … with a heavy dose of irony, I thought add.

As, today sees me from 12 ’til 8.30.

Oy … VEH … !

~≈ˆ≈~

But let’s get a move on, shall we?   Time’s a wasting …

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers, scoring five out of five in the process.   It also saw Olga† bagging a point, as well as offering us her thoughts.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 19th July, 1900, saw the opening of the first line on the Paris Metro.   What’s that line called?
Q2) 19th July, 1940, saw the founding of which corp of the British Army: the Sappers, Signals or Intelligence?
Q3) 19th July, 1834, saw the birth of which painter: Picasso, Degas or Van Gogh?
Q4) 19th July, 1970, saw the birth of Scottish First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon.   Is she a MP?
Q5) Finally … 19th July, 1952, saw the opening of the 1952 Summer Olympics.   These were held in which European city?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 18th July, 2015 is Eid al-Fitr: at least for Muslims in the UK.   The festival marks the end of which holy month?
A1) Ramadan.
Q2) 18th July, 1984, saw James Huberty shoot 21 people — and injure 19 others — in a mass shooting in a brach of which restaurant?
A2) McDonalds.
Q3) Patricia Cahill and Karen Smith were stopped for drug smuggling: on 18th July, 1990.   At an airport in which country?
A3) Thailand.
Q4) 18th July, 1848, saw the birth of cricketer, W. G. Grace.   How many test matches did he play during his lifetime: 21, 22 or 23?
A4) 22.
Q5) Finally … 18th July, 1921, saw the birth of the first American to orbit Earth.   Who is he?
A5) Former Senator, John Glenn.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I won’t ever stand for the House of Commons. I will see out my days as a politician, as long as people keep voting for me, in the Scottish parliament.”

Nicola Sturgeon, born 19 July 1970.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day.







*        Good thought, actually, Debbi: I’ve never actually thought of doing a regular podcast: something tied into the Friday Question Set be an idea.   As to software … ?   Mmmm … Beyond the fact I’ve got Podcast Capture and Podcast Publisher on my machine, I couldn’t help you.   (I think they’re only active on the server version of Lion, though: basically, the episodes would be stored on my machine, and served up to the internet, through iTunes.)



†        Seems there’s a few of them, Olga: Eit al-fitr’s the one at the end of Ramadan, with Eid al Adha, but bigger festival, being the one that marks Abraham’s attempted to sacrifice his song.   (And, yes: bills are now happily paid … !)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Today I'm clueless, but I hope you can manage to get a bit more rest. And enjoy Human. I'm not sure where I am catching up with the episodes. I must dedicate an evening to it.

Debbi said...

Thanks, Paul! I'll keep trying.

1. Metro Line 1
2. Intelligence
3. Degas
4. No, but she's an MSP
5. Helsinki