Tuesday 27 December 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 27-12-2016

Oh, now, this is where the Christmas period gets nasty!

I’ve got a cold!

Right now?

I’m coughing in a way that I — as an ex-smoker — find very familiar.

And frankly?

My nose isn’t just running, it’s sprinting: in a way that’s possibly going to make me look uncomfortably like a cocaine addict!

I think the last of my Christmas money?

Is going on cold remedies!

~≈®≈~

But let’s move, shall we?   While I sniffle …

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.   The day ALSO saw Olga† and Robin‡ looking in to say ‘Hello’.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 27th December, 1927, saw the debut of the musical, Showboat.   Who wrote the lyrics for the musical?
Q2) The 29 original members signed the treaty that created the IMF.   The IMF is the International Monetary … what?
Q3) Britain’s first oil rig, Sea Gem, collapsed: on 27th December, 1965.   The rig was in which sea?
Q4) 27th December, 1977, saw the original UK release of Star Wars.   What’s the name of the Star Wars spin off, released in 2016?
Q5) Finally … 27th December, 537, saw the completion of the Hagia Sophia church.   The church is in which city?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 26th December is the Feast Day of Saint Stephen, generally accepted as the first Christian what: saint, martyr or bishop?
A1) Martyr.
Q2) He lived in what’s now which city?
A2) Jerusalem.
Q3) The day is also known as what, in the UK: Boxing Day, Wrestling Day or Football Day?
Q4) In Ireland, the day is known as Wren’s Day.   A wren is a what: a lizard, a bird or a dog?
A4) A bird.
Q5) Finally … The George 6th Chase takes place on the day: at Kempton Park.   What IS that Chase: a boat race, a horse race or a marathon?
A5) A horserace.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I am on the edge of mysteries and the veil is getting thinner and thinner.”
Louis Pasteur, December 27, 1822 – September 28, 1895.
And this tune … 


Have a good day!






*        You‘ve got a wonky connection, Debbi, or a wonky internet?   Have you tried turning it of and on, again … ?


†        That’s cool, Olga!   Wish your mother well for us!

‡        Yeah: they’ve started saying that in some of the coverage, Robin: I can’t help but wonder what on Earth caused it!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Oscar Hammerstein II
Q2) Fund
Q3) The North Sea
Q4) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Q5) Istanbul, Turkey
Not sure if I'm repeating the entry twice as it asked me to confirm I'm not a robot as I was trying to submit. Perhaps I am... Take care

Debbi said...

It was Comcast, our Internet provider. They were having problems all over the country.

Do you realize Carrie Fisher and I are/were the same age? Ack!

1. Oscar Hammerstein II
2. Fund
3. the North Sea
4. Rogue One
5. Istanbul

I'm so bummed about Carrie Fisher. *sigh*

Check out this audition video! http://www.backstage.com/news/watch-carrie-fisher-auditions-star-wars/?utm_campaign=backstage-daily&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=39803720